Why become a member? ×

Gold Anodised Fender pick guard

Yeah its not a 'direct 'replacement in the sense that the 50's style plate has fewer holes but it never bothered me that I had a spare screw or two.

so to reiterate this WILL fit a standard p bass in terms of size and layout but it has 11 screw holes instead of the now standard 13 unless you have a 50'sRI or a bass with 11 screw holes!

Cheers for the nudge LukeFRC

Yeah for sure - you may notice the time of my post - I was on night shift and I have just woke up :)

I'll get something up soon but its essentially mint. I bought it for an acoustic thing we did and wanted that classic '50's vibe. I could hear "Oooh's" from the other bass players when I took the P bass out for the sound check and they all thought the USA '08 was a USA '50's custom shop just because of the guard and the lovely tone from the flats and NP4.

[quote name='krispn' post='1232583' date='May 15 2011, 11:31 PM']As it say's in the title

Available immediately for a mere £30 delivered.

Go on! Treat you're P bass to a new frock :)[/quote]

Would it fit my 57 JV Squier?

If you'd like to courier it over to me I'll tell you :)

Seriously though have a look at the pics and see if it has the same number of screw holes (Oh matron!) but I should imagine it'll be fine. If it fitted on my 08 P bass your '57 should be perfect!

I've shown a close up pic of what looks like a wee scratch probably from the tone knob being fitted a little tight but it will be covered when you have the control pots fitted.
- it actually shows more clearly on the distance shot rather than the close up.

Thanks fo' looking!

Edited by krispn