Why become a member? ×

Interesting informative Fretless site

Dave Vader

steady on

whoever put this site together is obviously lacking correct information, but clearly must have a passion for the fret less bass, therefore id suggest someone should send him a list of corrections and give them the chance to amend and continue developing the site, it might just be a really passionate teenager who does not yet know what he does not know

of course if the said person does not wish to take on board any corrections or listen, then its open season

Edited by lojo

[quote name='lojo' post='1230705' date='May 14 2011, 08:47 AM']steady on

whoever put this site together is obviously lacking correct information, but clearly must have a passion for the fret less bass[/quote]
As has been mentioned previously, it's just a gateway page. Someone hoping to make money from referral ads on the page, or even to get an offer for the domain name.

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='1230637' date='May 13 2011, 11:57 PM']I've got Gilmour playing fretless on Big Bottom with Spinal Tap on DVD at the Secret Policemen's Ball[/quote]

Ah, you are right, I stand corrected. He did play fretless (Musicman, not Jaydee tho) on that song.

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='1230706' date='May 14 2011, 08:50 AM']As has been mentioned previously, it's just a gateway page. Someone hoping to make money from referral ads on the page, or even to get an offer for the domain name.[/quote]

If this is the case, I find it amazing that someone who has the sense to attempt that wouldn't do a little research and get the site to be a bit more believable, wouldn't take much

I suppose this also means that self diagnostic online doctor site I just visited could be wrong

Edited by lojo

[quote name='lojo' post='1231583' date='May 14 2011, 10:45 PM']If this is the case, I find it amazing that someone who has the sense to attempt that wouldn't do a little research and get the site to be a bit more believable, wouldn't take much[/quote]
In the Google Adsense world these sites are known as MFA's or made for adsense. The lack of quality content is one of the games. You get people onto the page with great keywords and SEO and the user will click an ad to leave. The owner likely doesn't know what fretless means and most of the content will be copied and pasted from the web, what they call a scraper site.

Posting a link to it from a bass forum only helps the site gain traffic.