Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Dunlop / MXR 18 volt power supply.

I have Dunlop / MXR 18 volt power supply's that have not been used.

These can be used to up grade existing 9 volt supplies [b]IF YOUR PEDALS ARE DESIGNED TO TAKE 18 Volts[/b].

[attachment=79655:DSCN1360.JPG] [attachment=79654:DSCN1361.JPG]

£10 posted.

Edited by voxpop

[quote name='goblin' post='1230953' date='May 14 2011, 01:55 PM']Do you know if this'd fit a Trace SMX compressor pedal? Runs DC Centre Pin Negative. Not sure on the plug size though![/quote]

I think the voltage is right but trace use a non standard plug ???

I won an ebay auction yesterday for an mxr 80 di but don't know whether it's compatible. I suspect it's 9 volt only but I'm hoping that's not the case as I hate relying on batteries.

Will have to get back to you once I know and if you still have them then I'll have one.

[quote name='gary mac' post='1232412' date='May 15 2011, 08:31 PM']I won an ebay auction yesterday for an mxr 80 di but don't know whether it's compatible. I suspect it's 9 volt only but I'm hoping that's not the case as I hate relying on batteries.

Will have to get back to you once I know and if you still have them then I'll have one.[/quote]

Best to ask MXR / Dunlop they should be able to tell you if it will run on 18 volts.

[quote name='Gunsfreddy2003' post='1235159' date='May 18 2011, 07:12 AM']Any idea if this will power up an Aguilar Tone Hammer? If so then I'll take one.[/quote]

Sorry I have no idea, most pedals will take 18 volts but please check with a dealer or you might cause damage.

[quote name='goblin' post='1230953' date='May 14 2011, 01:55 PM']Do you know if this'd fit a Trace SMX compressor pedal? Runs DC Centre Pin Negative. Not sure on the plug size though![/quote]

it's 2.5 mm iirc, when i had a te smx i modded a danelectro cool cat chorus psu with a new plug from maplins.

Ahh cheers, I knew it was somewhere round there because the daisy chain off my TU1000 is 2.1mm, and it's only just too small. I know it's a centre negative pin so looks like I'm onto a diago voltage doubler with a 2.5 centre negative end.....I think.

Aguilar replied as follows:

We recommend using the Aguilar PSU-2 power supply with the Tone Hammer. However, most 18V power supplies will work fine as long as the output connector is center terminal negative with a 2.1mm barrel (standard for most effects units).

Do you know if your PSU is center terminal negative?

[quote name='voxpop' post='1235164' date='May 18 2011, 07:20 AM']Sorry I have no idea, most pedals will take 18 volts but please check with a dealer or you might cause damage.[/quote]

[quote name='Gunsfreddy2003' post='1236275' date='May 18 2011, 08:35 PM']Aguilar replied as follows:

We recommend using the Aguilar PSU-2 power supply with the Tone Hammer. However, most 18V power supplies will work fine as long as the output connector is center terminal negative with a 2.1mm barrel (standard for most effects units).

Do you know if your PSU is center terminal negative?[/quote]

They are standard centre negative terminal unit......will work great with the tone hammer.