Why become a member? ×

FS/FT: MODULUS FLEA 4 JAZZ

Bassdude BE

NOW SOLD PENDING THE USUAL!

Hi,
i'm considering to sell or trade my recently aquired Modulus Flea-bass 4 string.

It's not the standard model as it has some options as the Bartolini Jazz p.u.'s and Aguilar OBP-3 pre-amp

A new one with these options will set you back around 2300GBP,
link to store: [url="http://www.smart-distribution.co.uk/bassandguitar/modulusguitars/funkunlimited.html"]http://www.smart-distribution.co.uk/bassan...kunlimited.html[/url]

I'm looking for a trade with a nice high end Warwick as i've been waiting a long time to discover "that sound of wood" a lot of my friends are so psyched about
(preferably an older Warwick with wenge neck and black or chrome hardware)

OR

a trade with a cheaper 4 string bass (Jazz/precision/warwick/spector) + cash so i can ad two different flavored basses to my set-up.

I'm intrested in 4 strings: Warwick, Spector , jazz basses ,Jazz/Musicman bass with Modulus neck, high end Ibanez ,...
i might also be intrested in a trade + cash with a spare TC Electronic RS212 or RS210 cab and various FX-pedals. (+ cash either way)

As to the state of the bass:

The bass was made in december 2006, comes with original sturdy Modulus case , manual and warranty card and is in near mint condition.
I must say there's a very small dent in the headstock (see picture) ,but that's hardly noticable and that's really the only flaw you will find on this beauty!

The bass works on 2 9volt batteries (1 for the Bartolini p.u.'s and 1 for the Aguilar OBP-3) and comes equiped with brand new Dunlop strap locks.

I'm VERY sad to see this go, but for the right trade i might consider letting this go to a new home.

Action is SUPERLOW with no fretbuzz, an it has the the fastest and best neck i've ever played!!

[b]EDIT: i value this around 1090GBP, it's worth a lot more (especially to me) but that's about the price i would want for it in case of a sale.[/b]

kind regards,
Don.

Edited by Bassdude BE

[quote name='Bassdude BE' post='1226846' date='May 10 2011, 10:31 PM']...my recently aquired Modulus Flea-bass 4 string...
any questions? please ask ![/quote]

Was this acquired on BC? Looks like my old bass (sold in 2008) which was, I think, sold by jmesa at the end of last year

Edited by eubassix

[quote name='jmesa' post='1228499' date='May 12 2011, 11:18 AM']Yeah this is our old one.. :)

I think its a Bart preamp in there...[/quote]

Nope, it's definately an Aguilar OBP-3 pre-amp, i can post picture's of the pre-amp later on.

Edited by Bassdude BE

Hey bud, i have an old warwick thumb custom nt for ya if u wanna trade? It was a custom build for namm in the early days and has led lights in the topside neck dots!
sounds exactly as a bubinga thumb should!
[attachment=80754:warwick_1.jpg]

UP AND ATOM! :)

How come this is not gone yet? i just saw a Modulus VJ getting sold on here for 1000GBP and this Flea jazz has all the juice that one had and much much more..and it's worth almost 700GBP more when bought new + this one comes with a case...I don't get it... :)

Hey bud, sorry its taken a couple of days, but I have been in a pit of work. I'll take some detailed photos of the leds, action and such. I should also add that this old girl has a block inlay at the 24th fret, a blank to put your name in should u so desire! This really is a gud'un!

and up! :)

might be the final up, i played it again for a few hours yesterday and had such a blast playing this superfast neck that i might consider keeping it and spending my entire bankroll for this summer (tax return, holiday money,..) on a second bass to solve my problem... :)

Had so many trade-offers already that i can't even remember them all...
& there's a big chance it will be gone forever by the end of next week,
but for the moment it is still available so hit me with your offer if you're intrested. :)

bump

[b]Final bump!

Thinking more and more about keeping it as i haven't been offered a Warwick that made me feel like " yest this is the one!" just yet,
so by the end of this week this is either gone/sold/traded or it will probably be withdrawn and stay with me forever! [/b]:)