Why become a member? ×

Bye bye to my gorgeous Precision Bass :'( SOLD :'(

Hey guys

For sale here is my beloved custom built orange Precision Bass. Money problems are forcing me to sell this. Haven't had a job since new year (even through sending a billion CV's off, and I don't mean the Squier basses either haha)

I would call it a Fender as at heart, it really is but due to the neck on it, I will get in trouble if I call it one. I built this bass myself but had it professionally painted by a classic car restoration company in Milton Keynes, I knew the owner so I asked him to do it and he gave me a price. Not a bad price considering it was such a good job. The black outline pin stripe was apparently done by hand too.
Here's the spec for you all:

Alder Fender body (from the Japanese series Fender Precision Standard, sourced off eBay for £200)
DR Parts 1 piece maple neck with 20 frets (un-lacquered like it was when I bought it for £80)
Schaller tuning pegs (black, £50)
Seymour Duncan SPB-1 pick ups (£50)
Big block "badass style" bridge (£20)
3 ply black/white/black pickguard from a Fender Precision japanese standard to match the body (£30)
Black metal control knobs (1 volume 1 tone, £10 for the pair)
Graphtech PT1204 black tusq xl top nut (£12)
Black string retainer (£8)
Fender CTS wiring kit (£20)
Custom chosen "jagermeister" orange finish with black pinstripe binding stripe round the edge (professionally done, cost me £400 for the paintjob)
Allen key holder (£10 and fitted to the back of the headstock)
Fender "F" stamped chrome neck plate (yeah, if they did a black one, I would of bought it but they didnt haha. £15)
Set up for E standard/Drop D tuning with Rotosound RS66LE 50-110 strings, low action, perfect intonation reading the open note at the 12th fret and 12th harmonic. No fret buzz at all and neck set with a small amount of forward bow which was done at my local guitar shop in Bedford.

Total build cost: £915

Now, as for condition, I'd say this is 9/10 for condition. Here are the issues I can see (which will be pictured)
* 2 extremely small dents on the bottom edge next to the input jack
* 1 pin sized dent just above the pickguard
* 3 pin sized dents just above the control section
* 1 small dent on the top edge where your arm would come across the bass
* Some small scratches to the back from being played
* 2 tiny dents in the neck which you don't notice when played (back of 4th and 6th fret)
* Extra screw hole in the headstock from where I had a 2nd string retainer (don't ask me why I did that... I thought it looked cool)

And this isn't really damage but this will be marmite to alot of people. I had the "[url="http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj161/bloodycurb/th_EddieCross-guns.jpg"]Eddie and cross guns[/url]" logo on that link (done in black) put on the tip of the headstock. I can easily remove it but if you're an Iron Maiden fan and would like it left on there I will leave it on for you.

More pictures will be coming along in the morning.

Now, considering I spent so much having it built, I don't think my asking price of [s]£500 o.n.o.[/s][b]SOLD[/b] is bad at all. So many people who have tried this have said how it plays, sounds and looks so much better than the Fender American Standard precision basses and obviously the Mex/Jap p-basses. I think it does as well and you are more than welcome to come down and try it out any time. I have my Trace Elliot amp with Marshall cabs you can run it through or you can bring your own amp to try it out with.

Pictures: Again, iPhone camera... Not so good. I don't have a better one to use for it. I'll see if I can borrow one to get better pictures. These pictures really don't do the finish any justice.

Bridge shot: Yes, I kept my picks in the bridge

Body shot: Cool angle :)

Whole body shot: Spread eagle on my bed. Naughty! you can just see the logo on the headstock in this

Band practise shot: ignore the tape over the strap, was just a safety precaution

Band practise shot: back of the bass, I'm so happy

Band practise shot: I had a whole corner to myself. #basplayeregosrule!

I really don't want to see this go but I need the money desperately.
Cheers
Stevie.D

[b]THIS BASS IS NOW SOLD[/b]

Edited by StevieD_FenderP2009

Thanks for all the support guys. I really do have to sell it though. The only other basses I've got are my Steve Harris sig (which has alot of sentimental meaning to me) and my Tobias (which was my 18th birthday pressie from my parents so never selling that) so this has to go.

Oh, and Gust0o, yes mate, Massssive Leeds United fan. I actually had the picture you have as your display pic on my iPhone wallpaper for ages. I was also at the Burnley game end of season, as well as a number of other games across the season but due to being so far away, it's not easy to get to. Hopefully that luxury won't be taken away from me!

[quote name='StevieD_FenderP2009' post='1226259' date='May 10 2011, 02:54 PM']Haha, I considered it, but I'd get less for the iPhone :)[/quote]

True true.

Damn, I feel your pain man. If I had the money, I'd buy it from you with a deal that you buy it back with the first paycheck from your next job.

[quote name='StevieD_FenderP2009' post='1226226' date='May 10 2011, 02:29 PM']Oh, and Gust0o, yes mate, Massssive Leeds United fan. I actually had the picture you have as your display pic on my iPhone wallpaper for ages. I was also at the Burnley game end of season, as well as a number of other games across the season but due to being so far away, it's not easy to get to. Hopefully that luxury won't be taken away from me![/quote]

MOT! :)

Have a bump from a fellow White :)

Best of luck on the job front. Might sound daft, but maybe local BC'ers might be able to aid in the search?

Also, whilst I'm thinking about it - as an employer, I'd be happy to review your CV, if you'd like opinions. Always happy to help.

Edited by Gust0o

[quote name='Gust0o' post='1226381' date='May 10 2011, 04:23 PM']MOT! :)

Have a bump from a fellow White :)

Best of luck on the job front. Might sound daft, but maybe local BC'ers might be able to aid in the search?

Also, whilst I'm thinking about it - as an employer, I'd be happy to review your CV, if you'd like opinions. Always happy to help.[/quote]

Hi there

MOT back at you! We've had our ups and downs :lol:

Thanks very much, i'll send you over my CV and if you could give it the once over and see where i'm going wrong that would be great!

Thanks again, and I may have just sold the bass as well I'm hoping
Stevie

[quote name='paulwillson' post='1226684' date='May 10 2011, 08:23 PM']Hey man :) sad to see this go :P surely you should keep hold of it :) ill have that iphone though if its going! :lol:[/quote]

Haha! cheeky git! Unfortunately it is going. I've had an offer on it that I've accepted. I would sell the iPhone but as well as it not fetching as much as the bass would, I found out I can't live without it 2 weeks ago :D My iPhone broke so I had to have it replaced but didn't get the replacement for 2 days... Worst 2 days EVER! My friends all took the piss out of me 'cos I had to use a blackberry :lol: