Why become a member? ×

lakland darrel jones 5 string placid blue skyline AS NEW

greyparrot

For sale, pristine condition incredibly low action, maple neck graphite rods, with gig bag can be couried next day £800. i belive these are not made anymore. Can see it being played atmy you tube channel bassmanrich44.

07757875566 for questions, thanks

Rich.

Thank you for all the trade offers, sadly not been my bag upto now, but keep them coming. This is a real super jazz bass with awesome action, and a nice white neck binding and wood grain on the front and back of the neck. Strung with 40-125 cleartone strings. Stunning bass.

Edited by greyparrot

photos added.The line on the scratch plate is just the plastic film from new ) no marks at all perfect, sounds the nuts and plays it too. Oneof the best passive super jazzes about and im guessing hard to get as they are not made any more ( Please call me on the above number for any qs you may have or info.

[quote name='littleal' post='1209182' date='Apr 23 2011, 02:10 PM']Fancy a trade for a 93 warwick thumb bo, walnut body,wenge neck?[/quote]

Thank you but no, ,i like them, but im more of a jazz bass style chap. Id be interested in a usa fender jazz 5 string, but to be honest, i know what im after so need the sale. Can i add this bass is perfect fit and finish, and the wood in the neck is very pretty. ) Feel free to offer trades never know ) gig bag is the standared lakland black one also as new )

[quote name='greyparrot' post='1209186' date='Apr 23 2011, 02:16 PM']Thank you but no, ,i like them, but im more of a jazz bass style chap. Id be interested in a usa fender jazz 5 string, but to be honest, i know what im after so need the sale. Can i add this bass is perfect fit and finish, and the wood in the neck is very pretty. ) Feel free to offer trades never know ) gig bag is the standared lakland black one also as new )[/quote]

pms replied to )

[quote name='gillento' post='1209902' date='Apr 24 2011, 11:26 AM']What's the weight on this one?
Apparently the late koreans were quite heavy.[/quote]

not sure, ill check it out though, but its not that heavy, id say around the 9lb mark. very comfy bass to play. I also think its about 3 years old at least, was in b merchant for some time before i bought it so not sure if its that late.

Do you know which pick-ups it has?

If not, can tell from the internal wiring...

Black and White plastic coated = Aero
Black and White cloth coated = Lindy Fralin
Black and Red plastic coated = Lakland

[quote name='P-T-P' post='1210316' date='Apr 24 2011, 08:19 PM']Do you know which pick-ups it has?

If not, can tell from the internal wiring...

Black and White plastic coated = Aero
Black and White cloth coated = Lindy Fralin
Black and Red plastic coated = Lakland[/quote]

Hi im pretty sure its the lakland p/u

[quote name='haruki' post='1210606' date='Apr 25 2011, 08:06 AM']Such a nice looking bass .....[/quote]

it is, many interesting pms coming in )

you can see hear it here

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52jKF9RBQn0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52jKF9RBQn0[/url]

Edited by greyparrot

[quote name='greyparrot' post='1212056' date='Apr 26 2011, 09:04 PM']bong[/quote]

Bump £770 including post for a brand new (in effect) Lakland DJ. i wont be reducing the price any more, as it can be traded for the bass i want, but untill it comes in, will offer this here. Price includes lakland gig bag, also as new. Still open to nice trades, and have many nice basses via Pm but have not really been my bag upto now.

any part of the bass can be photo'd so if there is a part you wish to see please let me know. Unblemished, low low action as new. Save about £500 on the new price........only thing is you cant buy them new any more (

Cash on collection/bank transfer/trade/cheque

• 2 weeks later...