Why become a member? ×

Buying from Switzerland??

Jamesemt

I've got the chance of a cab from Switzerland that works out about £40 cheaper after adding postage. Does anyone know what the local Swiss tax is? I seem to recall 23%, which would make it even cheaper.

I've bought things from Thomann (Germany) before, but they work out the VAT in the prices...

Am I right in thinking that because it's coming from Europe, there are no customs charges?

[quote name='Jamesemt' post='137932' date='Feb 11 2008, 06:37 AM']I've got the chance of a cab from Switzerland that works out about £40 cheaper after adding postage. Does anyone know what the local Swiss tax is? I seem to recall 23%, which would make it even cheaper.

I've bought things from Thomann (Germany) before, but they work out the VAT in the prices...

Am I right in thinking that because it's coming from Europe, there are no customs charges?[/quote]

Whilst they are in Europe, Switzerland are not in the EU, and so I think you will pay taxes.

Right, I'm still a bit confused so i'll give you more details:

The cab in question is a GK Neo 112. The cheapest I can find it in the UK is £309 from Soundslive.

The cab from Switzerland is on ebay (new) at £232. Shipping is £40...

So, would the price in Switzerland include Swiss tax?

[quote name='Jamesemt' post='137958' date='Feb 11 2008, 08:50 AM']Right, I'm still a bit confused so i'll give you more details:

The cab in question is a GK Neo 112. The cheapest I can find it in the UK is £309 from Soundslive.

The cab from Switzerland is on ebay (new) at £232. Shipping is £40...

So, would the price in Switzerland include Swiss tax?[/quote]

Normally you'd find that the price is inclusive of their taxes. Just out of interest have you tried contacting Soundslive and asking if they'll do a price-match? I've dealt with the guys from Soundslive (the shop in Newcastle) for 20 years and they'll generally try to get your custom if they possibly can, give them a call you've got nothing to lose!