Why become a member? ×

FT Feeler: Trace V-Type preamp

Bigwan

Hi guys,

I have decided to offer my Trace V-Type preamp up for trade. You probably all know how good these things are. I stumbled on this one by chance (lets face it - blink and you'd miss them round here) on here and I'm so glad I did. Alas it isn't seeing the amount of use it should. Condition is well used, with some rack rash, but not abused. Sounds fantastic. I may change my mind...

Some of you may have seen my wanted post:

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=132583&st=0&gopid=1205653&#entry1205653"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...p;#entry1205653[/url]

I need something in the amp department, about 500 watts, but small, light and valve sounding, so an Orange Terror Bass or a TC RH450 would be perfect (but will consider the classic too). Not interested in a sale at the minute.

Hit me with what you've got. Obviously money your way.

Cheers

Ian

IF I decide to sell I'll PM you first before updating the thread.

I should point out I'm heading off on holiday early next week and probably won't make a decision until I come back (week beginning 2nd May).

[quote name='Bigwan' post='1206735' date='Apr 21 2011, 08:55 AM']IF I decide to sell I'll PM you first before updating the thread.

I should point out I'm heading off on holiday early next week and probably won't make a decision until I come back (week beginning 2nd May).[/quote]

S'appreciated, thanks. Hope you enjoy the break !

CHeers

[quote name='Stag' post='1206180' date='Apr 20 2011, 05:54 PM']:)

A BSP Pre *AND* a V-Type Pre Dan?

roflcopter[/quote]

After an interesting discovery - I found that schematically, there are similarities between the V-Type and Clean section of the BSP and thus wouldn't be gaining by having one sadly. I can however vouch for the quality and sound of these preamps as I used to own one a while back. They are very good indeed!

[quote name='dood' post='1207612' date='Apr 21 2011, 10:19 PM']I can however vouch for the quality and sound of these preamps as I used to own one a while back. They are very good indeed![/quote]

I have to say that the best 'clean' bass tone I've ever achieved was my precision into this pre set flat (well everything at 12 oclock) into the effects return of a Markbass F500 into my Aguilar 1x12. Fat, buttery goodness. If warm and clean were my current needs there'd be no way this'd be going anywhere... as it is I need a bit more rock grind at the mo.