Why become a member? ×

1983 USA Fender Precision Sienna Sunburst SOLD

Muppet

Needs must and this is the first that I'm reluctantly having to sell. It's a USA Fender Precision 1983 in rare Sienna Sunburst and one of the last models to come out of Fullerton.

All original (hence single ply white scratchplate and white pick up covers). Excellent condition for year with a ding on the lower edge and slight buckle rash as the pics show. It comes with a new Fender tweed gigbag.

This was previously owned by Homer so that should tell you that this is one quality bass and I believe has also been tried by other Basschat members in the past who will vouch for it's sound.

I'm looking at £700. No trades or "I promise to pay in six months time maybe when I get paid after I have sold my Squier and I get me birthday money".

Edited by Muppet

Erm, depends on what part you consider thin/fat and what part you consider wide I guess! Width across the fretboard feels pretty much the same as my 70s Precision did. It feels thinner (from the back of the neck to the front of the fretboard) then my current 1996 Precisions. The radius of the neck seems bigger than my other Ps, giving it a flatter feel.