warwickhunt

Vintage Sunburst finish
Maple 1/4 sawn neck
Maple fingerboard with pearloid dot markers
x2 PRS Jazz Pick-ups
Vol/Vol/Tone
Active/Passive PRS circuit (switchable)
Original PRS case with tools, hang tags and even cloth

Very good condition with very little surface 'swirling' where you would slap/pop. No dings, cracks, scratches or bucklerash (though if you tip it in the light you can see a little 'worming', though not visible otherwise). No fretwear and action is presently set 'low' (normal by my standards but other bassists that have played it have thought it was too low for them :) ) but if you play with a heavier hand I'll set it up with a bit more relief if you like. The case has a couple of very small marks/nicks but they are not tears and it looks very good from a short distance (I'm just giving potential buyers all info). Neck width @ nut is 40mm. I'll also obviously supply the straplock buttons to attach to your strap.

Please feel free to contact me if you would like a particular aspect photographed and I'll get them to you.

Collection from near Newcastle Upon Tyne or courier at your expense.

£1000

Edited by warwickhunt

[quote name='gareth' post='1196144' date='Apr 11 2011, 08:00 PM']yes you of all people!

so does that make the bass light, medium or heavy in your view?[/quote]

Anything around the 9lb I'd call medium BUT I'm well aware that some folk would say that 9lb is light; it's all about what you are used to and your perception. My Bolin clocks in @ 8lb 4oz and I'd say that was lightweight. However, my Streamer 5th Anniversary is 7lb 12oz... featherweight I'd guess! :)

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='The Burpster' post='1215491' date='Apr 30 2011, 07:06 AM']I cannot believe someone hasn't snapped this up -

It is a very pretty example, and the maple/maple neck is almost unique tonally.

Anyone short of a kidney....?[/quote]
Well that saved me a bump! :)

In all seriousness, I am going to shift this and a couple of other basses. :)

[quote name='Swampash57' post='1222660' date='May 6 2011, 10:07 PM']Swampash57
Hi I'm after a PRS bass and would like to now if yours is still for sale.[/quote]

It is for sale ... and cheaper than the one on ebay!

However (and this isn't sale BS), you are the 3rd person to contact me in the last 24hrs... mind that likely as not doesn't count for a lot! :)

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='1222681' date='May 6 2011, 10:30 PM']It is for sale ... and cheaper than the one on ebay!

However (and this isn't sale BS), you are the 3rd person to contact me in the last 24hrs... mind that likely as not doesn't count for a lot! :)[/quote]
Swampash57

Thanks for answering my question, how can I contact you as to buying your PRS bass I live in NOTTINGHAM and would travel to collect with cash.
As my log name suggests I own a PRS swamp ash, a ce22 and have been looking for a bass for some time, then some one told me about your bass and I joined bass chat to find out more.
My mobile No is 07861785805
Thanks.

JOHN
I'm very happy with the bass had a great time at the coast and went along the sea view road to Whitley bay and tynemouth it made great day out nice to meet you and your wife thanks for the coffee, looking forward to playing bass at the open mike night on Thursday, once again thanks for choosing me to buy the bass after all the sudden interest.

BARRY.

[quote name='Swampash57' post='1224605' date='May 8 2011, 10:26 PM']JOHN
I'm very happy with the bass had a great time at the coast and went along the sea view road to Whitley bay and tynemouth it made great day out nice to meet you and your wife thanks for the coffee, looking forward to playing bass at the open mike night on Thursday, once again thanks for choosing me to buy the bass after all the sudden interest.

BARRY.[/quote]
Please to meet the two of you and nice to have a natter about all things music and bikes! If the pair of you are ever on your travels up this way be sure to text me and you're welcome to drop in for a chill on your way North. :)