Why become a member? ×

Lost Bass In Shipping

phsycoandy

So shipped a bass to Portugal, insured thankfully, after a false start, it was miss loaded and ended up in Germany, after several calls, it appears or so they say that the van was stolen, by a bass terrorist i would surmise, well DPD bless them have admitted they cocked up and lost it to the bass terrorist bloke! Why then does it take 28 days till payment ffs!

Note to self always use UPS, never had a problem in all these years

Wow man that's crazy, and what a pain in the rear! But I say hats off to DPD for admitting they cocked up. Shame about the 28 days thing, but they're a business, they all have SOMETHING dodgy about them. After reading this I'd still be happy to ship with them though :)

[quote name='phsycoandy' post='1194053' date='Apr 9 2011, 08:32 PM']So shipped a bass to Portugal, insured thankfully, after a false start, it was miss loaded and ended up in Germany, after several calls, it appears or so they say that the van was stolen, by a bass terrorist i would surmise, well DPD bless them have admitted they cocked up and lost it to the bass terrorist bloke! Why then does it take 28 days till payment ffs!

Note to self always use UPS, never had a problem in all these years[/quote]

Not the '83 Jazz?

That sounds reasonable. I bought a bass off the steaming pile of sh*te that is Music123 many years ago and, immediately after I paid for it, the Ship To address changed somehow. I called them up, changed it to the right address and, sure enough, they went and shipped it to the wrong address anyway. I called them up, told them they had shipped it to the wrong address and they assured me they would stop it being delivered. Of course they didn't. So, after it was delivered, I called them again, they told me they'd get it back. Apparently the guy said he didn't want to give it back. This dragged on until, after many phone calls and much stress over the course of two months, they finally agreed to send me a new bass to the real address where I actually live. Ordered in November, delivered in February - the most useless and unhelpful shower of tits I've ever had the misfortune to deal with.