Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Mornin' all

FJ1200

Morning All

New member from Peterborough. Just started playing in church alternate Sundays, first time I've played with other musicians in years so a bit of a challenge! 45 in a week or so, grew up on a diet of 50's Rock'n'Roll, got into HM in the 70's at skool in S London. Mellowed a bit now, discovered blues some 20 years ago and loved it ever since. Been playing on and off for 26 years but still pretty rubbish. Got an Aria IGB30 - cheap but s'ok. Also have a CL Clarrissa acoustic that I bought in 1984 I think (photos of it here: [url="http://entertainment.webshots.com/album/562326978NtgwUU)"]http://entertainment.webshots.com/album/562326978NtgwUU)[/url] that needs a serious amount of TLC but cash not available yet. I have an Ohm GA140 1 x 15" combo that needs the main gain pot replacing cos it's too crackly and a Trace Elliot Boxer 15 that's nice. Does anyone know anything about the GA140? I've seen just 1 reference to it but as a separate head on the internet. Had it years - swapped a very old Marshal 50 and Carlsbro 25w for it at what was Styx Music (Live Music now in the same buiding, I believe) in Peterboro' yonks ago.

I'd like to look at lessons again, probably need to start from scratch - yup, [u]that[/u] bad!! Volunteers??

Look forward to chatting.

(BTW - is Rockbottom in Croydon still going? Most of my mis-spent youth consisted of going between there and Hammersmith Odeon. Got the CL there.)