Why become a member? ×

Very good musicians i did play with

bubinga5

i went to a rehearsal in Bristol on sunday..now im a pretty good bassist...well thats what i thought.. i witnessed some really really good musicians...

my right hand man and great friend John is a fantastic keys man, hes been playing for 25+ years

we met a couple of guys..a drummer and a guitarist.and a singer called nadine. after bout 2 hours we started to warm up..i was just looking around and smiling at how good it sounded.. i have so much admiration for some people.. some guys/girls are very special and make sounds that blow me away..i think its a sign of great musicians when you blend in with them but you stand out at the same time... they make you sound good.

i was nearly in tears at how good Nadine with the drummer and guitarist sounded..im a bit of a sensitive bugger..ok i wasnt in tears but i was buzzing on the bass with the funny time signature that we were grooving over..

its great when you meet the right musicians.. and you know, i dont even care if we play live..so much joy comes from what you do when when your experimenting.. i will try and do a link to the band when i can

Edited by bubinga5

i agree it is good, and it is also good to realise how out of your depth you might be...or can cope, whichever is the case.

I touched on this in another thread and I guess it can come across as a kind of "I played with so and so" which might not be such
an attractive post, but the only point I meant to put across is that talent is everything and the name doesn't mean a thing.

It is interesting how these seriously good people that you may encounter end up doing what sort or gig.

[quote name='bubinga5' post='1193478' date='Apr 9 2011, 02:41 AM']i think its a sign of great musicians when you blend in with them but you stand out at the same time... they make you sound good.[/quote]

So true. The mark of a good musician is that they make the band as a whole sound better. As bassplayers specially we should always remember that.