Why become a member? ×

Mexican Fender MIMPs P bass bargains!

iconic

I was a bit nervous about pulling the trigger on mine as I'd heard on the forums they were shot... not so!

I love mine and don't consider it any less of a fender... I've had my Jazz for thirty odd years, so I reckon I know a thing or two... hehe.

I won't be selling anyways... only cost me £250!

[quote name='sykilz' post='1199631' date='Apr 14 2011, 05:14 PM']Mine cost £170 off Ebay 2 years ago,new plate,new bridge,lovely!!!! Neck needed adjusting,but now the action is fantastic,bargain. Keep wondering about a pickup change.......

[attachment=77507:ebay_007.jpg]
[attachment=77506:ebay_006.jpg][/quote]

That really is a bargain chief!

My MIM Jazz is wonderful. Admittedly the neck socket appears to be a millimeter or so too big, but it sounds good, the bridge is straight, the frets are fine, the electronics work as well as you'd expect, the pickups are on straight and the finishing is also very good. Never had any problems with it.

I've played a couple of MIA jazzes, and while they certainly sound better (in my opinon of course), I'm not particularly convinced that the construction's better than the MIM and justifies the extra 3 or 4 hundred quid.

I would happily buy another MIM bass. For the right money of course :)

Truckstop

For me it's a question of trust. I had a few MiM telecasters but never liked them as much as I did the squier custom 2 version. I've had better experience with the Japanese products so this plays with judgement for or against a MiM.

However now I'm a Musicman fellow my point is invalid.

+1 on the Mexican 50's Classic series.

I was pretty sceptical, and have always favoured Japanese and USA made Fenders.

I bought a used 2010 Mexican 50's classic series following all the recommendations on here, so had some confidence.

Really good bass, neck is lovely, a proper man sized neck!

Can't really comment on the standard series Mexican basses.

Cheers Neil