Why become a member? ×

Don't look....

99ster

It's enough to make a grown man cry...
How to ruin the look of a very special vintage bass.
:)

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1963-Fender-Precision-Bass_W0QQitemZ110221816759QQihZ001QQcategoryZ4713QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1963-Fender-Precisio...1QQcmdZViewItem[/url]

"the present finish is not professional" No - surely not???

The 'super cock' sticker kind of says it all for me...
:huh:

Edited by 99ster

Pretty hateful.

I wonder though if there are any old Fenders which people customised like that nearer the time they were made, without knowing how valuable they would eventually become. I suppose if this bass, for example, was covered with stickers and so on in the 70's then the owner could be forgiven, sort of.

No, Bravewood have stopped doing restorations.

This one is overpriced, it should be half that figure for what it is. You can pick up a 64/65 in the US for about $4000 get it shipped, pay the duty and you'd still have enough money for a few pints and a curry.

[quote name='Jebo1' post='135802' date='Feb 7 2008, 03:10 PM']No, Bravewood have stopped doing restorations.

This one is overpriced, it should be half that figure for what it is. You can pick up a 64/65 in the US for about $4000 get it shipped, pay the duty and you'd still have enough money for a few pints and a curry.[/quote]

Thought it was overpriced but $4000 is still insane, I can't get over the price on vintage Fender, how do you justify that? how can you be sure it's genuine?....the mind boggles.....I'd still love to have one though :)