Why become a member? ×

Warwick Vampyre NT

dub_junkie

[quote name='barneythedog' post='135152' date='Feb 6 2008, 04:57 PM']For more info on this seller see my post in the "how to spot a scam" sticky

I will gladly post my full email exchange with him should anyone be interested :) :huh:

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=9854"]here[/url][/quote]

There seem to be quite a few people who are happy with him (141, in fact, with one neg from over a year ago). Are you sure the second chance offer actually came from him and wasn't a forgery?

[quote]There seem to be quite a few people who are happy with him (141, in fact, with one neg from over a year ago). Are you sure the second chance offer actually came from him and wasn't a forgery?[/quote]
Well, I'm no ebay novice, and unless his account was hacked I don't think so - the offer originally came through the ebay second chance system.
He didn't respond to any of my messages through ebay, only ever by email. I sent him a message via ebay asking directly if this offer was from him or a scam by someone else - no reply.

I agree at first glance his feedback looks OK, and I seriously wanted to take up the offer, however when a seller doesn't answer ANY of my messages via the ebay system, and then asks for payment by Western Union (which contravenes ebay UK rules) I keep my money in my pocket and walk away. Others may be more trusting.

I am not saying I am certain this guy is a scammer, however too many alarm bells for me.

[quote post='135506' date='Feb 7 2008, 10:16 AM']If you are worried just pick it up in person and pay in cash, or at his place on the net via paypal?[/quote]
He said no to a cash pickup, He said no to paypal.

Edited by barneythedog