Why become a member? ×

Fender HW-One P. Black SOLD

dave_bass5

Guys. I go this in Nov last year.
It came with a white pick guard but now has the tort on it.
I still have the white one and will also throw that in because with the tort on you cant access the truss rod (you can with the white one).

Specs are on the Fender website so i wont bore you with them here. Just to say ts a very nice flat black finish and looks much better (to me of course)
than the glossy finish most other Bass's have. Neck is a slim one, nut width is 1.625"

Here the link to Fenders specs.

[url="http://www.fender.com/products//search.php?partno=0111360300"]Fender HW-One P[/url]

Its been gigged 4 times. Very well looked after and comes with a very nice padded gig bag and tools for adjusting the truss rod and BAII bridge saddles.

I wont post it so it would be pick up or meet somewhere in London im afraid. Im based in Central London but willing to meet half way if needed.

As the title says, looking to get £300 for it. paid £539 from Thomanns in Nov.

A few pics taken last year just after i changed the pick guard.

As requested, Head stock Pics. Ive hidden the serial number for obvious reasons.

Cheers.

EDITED to change nut width.

Edited by dave_bass5

[quote name='Pedro1020' post='135168' date='Feb 6 2008, 05:12 PM']Does this have a nitrocellulose finish? anymore pic's? (headstock wise)

Cheers in advance[/quote]

Yes it does. Its a very flat looking finish (guess thats why its called Flat black).

Ill take a few of the headstock tonight and post them.

Cheers.

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='135169' date='Feb 6 2008, 05:14 PM']Yes it does. Its a very flat looking finish (guess thats why its called Flat black).

Ill take a few of the headstock tonight and post them.

Cheers.[/quote]

Cool! I thought at first it looked like a satin finish, though the Fender spec says otherwise ;)

It's nice, I don't have a precision in my collection..:)

Cheers for the pics :huh:

[quote name='Pedro1020' post='135177' date='Feb 6 2008, 05:22 PM']Cool! I thought at first it looked like a satin finish, though the Fender spec says otherwise ;)

It's nice, I don't have a precision in my collection..:)

Cheers for the pics :huh:[/quote]

I guess you could say its a satin finish as opposed to a gloss. Certainly its smooth but not as smooth as gloss but it doesn't reflect the light like a gloss finish would.
This was really the reason i got it. i dont like black bass's in general but this just looked different.

Cheers.

[quote name='Old Nicko' post='135959' date='Feb 7 2008, 06:19 PM']Hi Dave,

does this basically have a Jazz neck on a Precision body?

If so, is this standard for the HW-One P? (Not sure what a "Modern “C” Shape" means)

Cheers...[/quote]

Ah no, sorry. I did put the wrong dimension in the first post didnt i?
Ill correct it now but just to confirm, its a 1.625" P neck. Slighlty narrower than some P's like the MIM 50's classic but still wider than a Jazz.
Sorry for the confussion.

[quote name='P-T-P' post='136002' date='Feb 7 2008, 07:21 PM']Lovely bass, cracking price too I reckon.

In a lot of ways this is probably closer to a vintage P-Bass than the American Series standard P-Bass is. What kind of Lakland are you thinking of?[/quote]

I agree. its certainly got a vintage vibe but in a modern imstrument.

I have just orderd a Lakland Duck Dunn. Should get it by wed (its already on its way).
Jazz neck and P body. Cant wait.

Edited by dave_bass5

• 2 weeks later...