Why become a member? ×

Feeler: Tech Soundsystems ND412S

Bigwan

Hi Guys,

Just an initial feeler at this stage. This'll probably be available mid or late April. Being based in Northern Ireland, equipment like this isn't widely available or recognised so i'm advertising here with a view to possibly delivering to your door (depending on your location) or meeting half-way as part of a road trip to pick up my new Shuker in Sheffield when it's finished (hence the mid to end of April availability!).

Down to the nitty gritty!

Tech Soundsystems ND412S
4x12" + Tweeter
1200Watts RMS @ 8 ohms
30" x 27" x 17"
26kg/57lbs

Great cab. VERY loud (103dB sensitivity according to the website - loudest cab I've heard) and VERY light for its size. A pretty easy one person lift. Quite a rare beast this one. It's 8 ohms but don't let it put you off - with the AGGIE it's almost capable of punching down walls! £600

Cab is AS NEW. Never gigged, only been out of the house twice to band practice. This is a kickass cab, but it's just too much for my current needs.

Edited by Bigwan

[quote name='joegarcia' post='134539' date='Feb 5 2008, 05:29 PM']Would have been interested in the cab if you were a bit closer.[/quote]

Um... read the first 3 lines again... especially the "possibly delivering these to your door" part. Could be closer than you think!

[quote name='Finbar' post='134456' date='Feb 5 2008, 03:52 PM']I've been *possibly* looking for one of those 412 Tech cabs for a while! I would be very interested if you decide to sell in April, and I live in Sheffield myself :)[/quote]

Keep in touch. If you're still interested nearer the time then you're in an ideal location!

[quote name='Bigwan' post='134577' date='Feb 5 2008, 06:51 PM']Um... read the first 3 lines again... especially the "possibly delivering these to your door" part. Could be closer than you think![/quote]

Ah yea. Need something before April too and besides, looks like I've got mysefl another Aggie GS412 for £450.

[quote name='Finbar' post='134725' date='Feb 5 2008, 11:29 PM']That's what I thought :) Just to check though, it runs at 4 ohms as well as 8 ohms, right?[/quote]

That seems like an odd question to me... Are you asking if that *8*ohm cab runs at 4 ohms too?

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding the question.

[quote name='Finbar' post='134725' date='Feb 5 2008, 11:29 PM']That's what I thought :) Just to check though, it runs at 4 ohms as well as 8 ohms, right?[/quote]

No, it's an 8 ohm cab. But as I said it's that loud I'd doubt anyone would need to add another cab, unless you're playing stadium sized venues!

Well these are the specs I dug up on it...

Bass> amplifier> tech sound system ND-412S

Technical data:
4 x 12 "+ Tweeter
1200 Watts @ 4 ohms or 8 ohms
103 dB
32 - 20,000 Hz
75 x 68 x 43 cm
[30 "x 27" x 17 "]
26 kg / 57 lb.

So I'm assuming it does 4 or 8? :) If it only does 8, that counts me out :/

[quote name='whynot' post='135028' date='Feb 6 2008, 02:25 PM']The spec page from Tech is slightly misleading.
They sold the cab in either 4 or 8 ohm versions.
This is the 8 ohm version.[/quote]

...what he said...

Having an 8 ohm cab means you can always add another 8 ohm cab, as most amps are 4 ohm capable. If it was 4 ohms the vast majority of amps couldn't handle adding another cab.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick bump folks. Cab is def now for sale. A few have expressed an interest but just in case they decide they don't want it nearer the time I thought I'd check and see if there was any further interest.