Why become a member? ×

80's marlin Pbass

ive got an early 80's Marlin brand PBass. its seen better days, fair few scuffs etc to the body and faded paintwork (black), the neck is nice and straight, maple with maple board, truss rod works fine - adjusted at body end. neck has a few scuffs on the back too but nothing drastic. the bridge has grooved saddles but the scewheads are shot so may need some work to get thm out and replace it! the neck had one of the 'ears' missing from one machinehead when i got it so ive put a cheapie on as a replacement which does the job but not great. took the pickguard off and theres some crude 'home made' routing done to accomodate a battery (looks like its had an active pup in there at some point) w/b/w pickguard.

got it off ebay as fancied a project but alas no time, plus ive decided to concentrate on a jazz project instead.

hows about £50? plus a fiver towards post

if anyone is intersted in it ive also got an EMG pup which i bought off beedster you can have for £30 (same as what i paid)

so the pair for £70 plus post??

Not 100% sure about this, but I don't think "Marlin by Hohner" ones are early 80s. Marlins appeared about 1984/85, and the brand was owned by British Music Strings, if I remember correctly. Hohner-badged examples are later, probably 90s.

Jon.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a Marlin Slammer. my first ever bass was a red one of these complete with yloow curly lead and Squier 15w guitar combo

They made a PJ version called the Sidewinder. I have a copy of Guitarist from about 1987 with an advert for them

Edited by Delberthot