Why become a member? ×

Ebay seller backing out of deal

Bloc Riff Nut

Frankly, if he's legally bound to sell you the amp (which he is if you've bought it through eBay), then re-listing it is attempting to sell property that isn't his and is directly theft. I don't know if it's reportable to the police or if you have to let eBay deal with it, but it's definitely illegal in more ways than just breaking the contract as soon as it's re-listed.

[quote name='mcnach' post='1177205' date='Mar 26 2011, 01:45 PM']When using eBay, you're entering a contract. Read the small print.
Nobody forces you to use eBay, if you do, you follow the rules.
If you don't want to sell for less than X, there are ways to set a reserve price etc, and of course you pay a little extra to have that peace of mind.

You can't accept the service and then choose what rules to pay attention to. If you're too cheap to pay the reserve or starting bid price fee, you run the risk it'll go for less that you'd want.
Bottomline is you have options and you choose them, and then enter a contract.[/quote]

Yep, that's pretty much how it is. It's an auction, and like all auctions, as a seller you take a chance.

[quote name='mcnach' post='1177200' date='Mar 26 2011, 01:41 PM']I had a non payer "lookalike" once, from Bristol, I'm in Edinburgh. It was just £15 but I want my £15 :)
I say "lookalike" because he was just delaying...

I said that I was going to be in his area in two weeks for a few days, so I'd be happy to collect in person and avoid the paypal fee.
It was not true, I wasnt going to go, but he knew I had his address and I figured he didn't want the hassle... I got the payment the day after. :lol:[/quote]
I have [i]all[/i] his details, Mobile, Landline and postal address so he may be getting a few surprises Jose :)

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' post='1177246' date='Mar 26 2011, 02:11 PM']I have [i]all[/i] his details, Mobile, Landline and postal address so he may be getting a few surprises Jose :)[/quote]

Got any Italian connections?

Want some? :)

:lol:

[quote name='mcnach' post='1177305' date='Mar 26 2011, 02:53 PM']Got any Italian connections?

Want some? :)

:)[/quote]
The last horses head I ordered on eBay from an Italian seller never turned up as the buyer backed out of the deal after he felt it was worth more, I told him the horses head belonged to me now as I had paid via paypal instantly and that he should of put a reserve on it if he had a minimum price. He came back to me and said if he had known it was only worth that much he would of left it attached to the horse as it was a good strong horse with plenty of life left in it!

Ebay eh? :lol:

I suspect paying by Paypal won't help you in contract terms, fairly sure money in your paypal account doesn't belong to you (hence Paypal being able to take it back and such), and all the rules that apply to bank stuff doesn't apply to Paypal as they aren't a bank (money in your bank account is a debt the bank owes you rather than being your money, but is highly regulated so they can't pull tricks like Paypal can). Ebay are pretty much uninterested in the 'refund you and don't send your item' game, the contract stuff is for the courts not them.

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' post='1177246' date='Mar 26 2011, 03:11 PM']I have [i]all[/i] his details, Mobile, Landline and postal address so he may be getting a few surprises Jose :)[/quote]
pass me his numbers,i work nightshift and will call him at 1,3,5 am and sing to him