Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Yamaha SG2000 guitar 1982 (Santana)

Original SG2000, not the later inferior reissue.
Push-push coiltaps, sustain block, all the usual SG2000 appointments, and its in the nicer dark tobacco sunburst, not the reddy one.
It is well used and has had Sperzel tuners fitted, some buckle rash and scuffs etc, but its all there and sounds absolutely breathtaking.
Will need a setup as it has been sitting in the case for about 3 years.
Comes with original hard case with one latch missing.
Sale due to cash crisis and subsequent realisation that I have far too many instruments.
[s]£1250 ono[/s] £1150 ovno

[attachment=75028:PICTA_8087__Large_.jpg]
[attachment=75029:PICTA_8089__Large_.jpg]

Edited by robocorpse

[quote name='pete.young' post='1168109' date='Mar 19 2011, 11:56 AM']Free bump from a Big Country and Stuart Adamson fan.[/quote]
Ditto - if this was transparent green I'd have a hard time not breaking into my New Bike Fund!

Jon.

[quote name='robocorpse' post='1170943' date='Mar 21 2011, 05:24 PM']Thanks for the well meant offer, but I'd rather chew my left arm off than deal with anyone remotely connected with Denmark Street unless its cash straight into my hands there and then.[/quote]

Got no connection with the guy but I've done two deals with him, very happy with both and he got a very good price for my brother's '64 Epiphone Rivoli. They've got no connections with the guys at the other end of the street!!

[quote name='Bassassin' post='1168632' date='Mar 19 2011, 06:58 PM'][I]f this was transparent green I'd have a hard time not breaking into my New Bike Fund![/quote]
Jade Green - My favourite SG colour. Got an '82 in that finish. (But it's not for sale, Jon!)

[quote name='zigmondo' post='1182870' date='Mar 30 2011, 10:36 PM']Yep, for the UK as from 1980. I've never come across a guitar that coil-splits as well as a Yammy SG2000. Bootiful.[/quote]
Well, for the world, other than the USA, where it would have been an SBG2000, and Japan, where it would have remained SG2000. As for any other guitar splitting coils like an SG2000, an original SG2000 didn't feature coil taps; that feature was added when the design was revised in 1980, and the three-piece top was replaced with a carved one-piece, among other changes.

Edited by noelk27