Why become a member? ×

Sold ****Westone Thunder 1A Fretless

NowVertical

I have owned this bass for approx 13 years, but have not really played it for the last five except on the odd occasion.

It has a few dings (one on the fretboard) but it really does not affect playability. It was an excellent bass to introduce me to fretless techniques and work out whether I could handle it. It was my only fretless up until five years ago when I acquired a fender P+J and then 3 years ago a double bass, so it really sold on the world of fretless playing.

[attachment=5396:Westone_...1A_Front.jpg]

[attachment=5397:Westone_..._1A_Back.jpg]

I would rather a pick up (based near Dorking Surrey) so you get the opportunity to play it but will consider posting (approx +-£20). Price, well given the condition I would be looking for offers towards £90.00 and I believe this represents good value for someone wanting to try their hand with a fretless.

I have put two live trio recordings from 1999 on [url="http://myspace.com/JemClark"]MySpace[/url]* where I used the bass. It was just done in a small rehearsal room straight to desk although someone obviously treated it with a little too much reverb and a touch of compression, but it should give an idea of the strong output and solid tone. The tracks are "Tom Time" and "Jazz". Please forgive the intonation and the pretentious of calling “Jazz” Jazz when it clearly is not.

Cheers

Jem
Please PM for contact details if you to chat over the bass.

*Yeah I know I need to tidy up my myspace page to make it a bit more professional and up to date...I'll get there one day.

Edited by NowVertical

[quote name='andy67' post='133422' date='Feb 4 2008, 09:01 AM']excellent basses worth more than £90[/quote]

+1. This looks like a Thunder Jet (cos it's black!) factory fretless, which is a pretty rare variation on your standard Thunder 1. There's a lot of lurve for old Westones round these parts, I'm sure someone will snap it up. :)

Jon.

Thanks for the comments...I know I could probably get more but I think the fretboard dink (whilst not impacting playability in the slightest) would cause a slow drawn out sale.

Solid...yep sure is.

Space 1999...ha....I almost laughed

PM's replied to.

Cheers