Why become a member? ×

Kent Armstrong Help!

BobVbass

Hello All,

so... I have a big gig on Friday at a Burlesque bar in London (!) so thought I'd practice last night and my schaller pickup seems to be crackling and breaking up - I haven't had a chance to look at it yet - I'll do that tonight.

So I dug out this old Kent Armstrong I got from ebay last year that looks like it's been wired up by a three year old - the soldering and wires are awful and it works but buzzes like hell - can anyone help me out by posting or sedning me a picture of how there's is wired so I can check it out and rewire it ?

I'm going to give WD Music a ring this morning and see if they can get one to me as well but any help very very much appreciated!

thanks

Bob

[quote name='bob_pickard' post='1163977' date='Mar 16 2011, 06:09 AM']Hello All,

so... I have a big gig on Friday at a Burlesque bar in London (!) so thought I'd practice last night and my schaller pickup seems to be crackling and breaking up - I haven't had a chance to look at it yet - I'll do that tonight.

So I dug out this old Kent Armstrong I got from ebay last year that looks like it's been wired up by a three year old - the soldering and wires are awful and it works but buzzes like hell - can anyone help me out by posting or sedning me a picture of how there's is wired so I can check it out and rewire it ?

I'm going to give WD Music a ring this morning and see if they can get one to me as well but any help very very much appreciated!

thanks

Bob[/quote]you can get a wiring diagram from kent's website.

Bob, IIRC you asked me to send you a diagram a while back and it completely slipped my mind, my apologies. I can't get a pic to you today but will try to tomorrow. There's a few guys here who have one so I hope you get some help ahead of that. I could post one to you tomorrow for Friday if that would be easier?

C

Hi chaps - you're all stars, thanks - i'm just trying to get hold of wd music now see if I can get one - if not i'll try the Thomann next day on another schaller.

I'll get the soldering iron out tonight and see what I can do as well!

Honestly though thanks for your support it means a lot

if it's just the buzzing try fitting it nearer to the strings Bob, it has to be about the same as a BG

hope this helps... some of the earlier pups dont have the phono plug tho
[attachment=74946:IMAG0006.jpg][attachment=74945:IMAG0005.jpg]

Edited by slobluesine

phew! well the schalller is definitely shagged but I manged to speak to Aaron at Kent Armstrong (Kent's son) and he ran through how to set it up with me and after checking the photos.... - it works!!!! hoorah! sounds great as well!! He's going to make me a new one as well with the exact string spacing for my bass.

There's also a ne wschaller on the way tomorrow so expact that on the market place sometime soon :)

Once again, thanks for all your help - it really very much appreciated - hopefully I can repay it all at some stage - thanks chaps!