Why become a member? ×

Would you pay £7,489.85 for a pair of pup surrounds?

dave_bass5

[quote name='MuckedUpFunkies' post='1162195' date='Mar 14 2011, 07:23 PM'][url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1957-Gibson-Les-Paul-Goldtop-Vintage-Guitar-/290544433437?pt=Guitar&hash=item43a5cc391d#ht_500wt_949"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1957-Gibson-Les-Paul...1d#ht_500wt_949[/url]
Be interesting to see what this goes for =L[/quote]

Buy it, take the pup surrounds off, sell them for a profit then bin the rest of the guitar! Makes about as much sense as collecting vintage stuff to me!

[quote name='JMT3781' post='1162810' date='Mar 15 2011, 10:08 AM']i know of someone who sold a 59 les paul for a quarter of a million at auction... To someone trying to complete a vintage guitar (if they are genuine) then surely the return will be worth it..[/quote]
Exactly , Same as my earlier post. The seller won't care about people taking the piss as he knows they will sell at some point.

See what your average '59 'burst goes for and you'll realise what chris b says is true. They are immensely sought after.

The '57 Gold Top on ebay looks nice. But there are very many fakes around, really good fakes. There is no way the '57 will sell for what it's worth on ebay even if it is 100% original. They are simply just not bought that way. Would you spend £150k on ebay for a guitar you haven't seen, played, had checked? Most buyers will require an independent assessment for authenticity from a real expert, and I mean a REAL expert who can smell that it's right, they usually just 'know' just by looking and touching and smelling, then they check to confirm their instinct. These guys are few and far between.

Edited by silddx