Why become a member? ×

NOW WITHDRAWN: Lakland DJ4 For Sale or swap

Champion Badger

[b]Having played it in a bit more, come to realise its a really great bass, so withdrawing it from sale.

A big thanks to everyone that has shown interest in the sale. Cheers![/b]

Bought this a few weeks back brand new. It's a great bass, but being a finger style player, find rosewood is more my thing. I am looking to sell, or do a straight swap for a DJ4 with rosewood board.

It's up for sale for £650.

Edited by Champion Badger

[quote name='tom1946' post='1153633' date='Mar 8 2011, 12:02 PM']I really fancy this, in the rear pic has it got a split on the neck? hard to tell from one pic.
Or is it the wood figuring?[/quote]

Looks like figuring to me, but sure the OP can say for certain.

Lovely example of a great bass, that appears to be in impeccable at a very nice price. Someone will be very happy with this.

[quote name='Champion Badger' post='1153584' date='Mar 8 2011, 12:20 PM']Bought this a few weeks back brand new. It's a great bass, but being a finger style player, find rosewood is more my thing. I am looking to sell, or do a straight swap for a DJ4 with rosewood board.

It's up for sale for £650.[/quote]

Nice!
What's the weight of this? and would you consider shipping to Europe?

Is that in the middle pic, running over an inlay? Would be good to know.

I have a Skyline DJ4, and it really is a stunning bass - heavier than a comparable Fender, but with the solidity comes the tone; much better to these ears.

Pity bonus time isn't soon enough, but this is a lovely looking bass and should make someone very happy.

[quote name='Gust0o' post='1153710' date='Mar 8 2011, 12:55 PM']Is that in the middle pic, running over an inlay? Would be good to know.[/quote]

Ah, I see what you mean. Under the shadow of the A string, running through the 11th fret? I'd be very surprised if that was a crack, given its position. If it is a crack, it must have been there when the board was fretted, which having had experience of Lakland's QC, I'd find hard to believe they'd let that slip :)

Hi Guys.

Thanks for the interest. There is no crack in the neck, just some grain showing on the photo. Will take another pic to show. The bass is two weeks old.Really fancy a rosewood board for reasons mentioned above.

Would consider shipping to Europe.

Thanks again.

[quote name='Champion Badger' post='1153584' date='Mar 8 2011, 11:20 AM']Bought this a few weeks back brand new. It's a great bass, but being a finger style player, find rosewood is more my thing. I am looking to sell, or do a straight swap for a DJ4 with rosewood board.

It's up for sale for £650.[/quote]

Fair enough, this lady seems to be mostly a finger style player too. Maybe try it for a bit longer, you may grow to love it, you never know? (If you were closer I'd just be buying this off you instead of encouraging you to keep it though!)

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wf-J_sJB29Q"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wf-J_sJB29Q[/url]

(EDIT: forgot to put the link in!)

Edited by playbass