Why become a member? ×

If you like Precisions...

Legion

It's a nice sunny day and I'm not at work so I've been tinkering with my basses doing a little setting up and cleaning (not so much playing mind you). Thought I would take a couple of photos to record my bass-stable.

First up is a very very clean 1974 Precision I picked up from the states, was supposed to be a 1973 which I had my doubts about but on taking the neck off it confirmed it as 1974, even though its got the long G intonation screw and 73 pots. Seems to be par for the course for Fender back then (big thanks to Jim "99ster" for his knowledgeable input). It sounds great and is a very balanced sort of weight, at 8.4lbs. Not exactly sure what I'm intending for this bass yet - I love it to bits but not sure I dare take it out :) just noticed a little picture of me in the ashtray, classic photo error!

[attachment=5325:IMGP1155.JPG]

Next was something I just couldn't resist when my boss went to the USA recently - I tried one in Mannys at NYC and regreted not bringing it home with me. Has been a bit weird to get used to, but I am seriously enjoying this thing now. Theres just something special about it, it seems to sing out those notes - lightest bass I've got at 8.2lbs.

[attachment=5326:IMGP1146.JPG]

Next one you might well have seen before. It belonged to our very own Beedster here on Basschat, and Carlosfandango before that. I had a bit of a struggle getting her setup to suit me, but in the end the original bridge went back on along with some TI jazz flats and it all fell into place. Hugely versatile bass, so easy to just pick up and play. Bit fatter than the others at 9.4lbs

[attachment=5327:IMGP1157.JPG]

Hope you all enjoy a little peek. I only wish I could play these things well enough to do them justice...I tell myself it's a lifelong path, so no hurry :huh:

Jas

Edited by Legion

Well spotted :)

What would normally be the tone knob is the blend, the tone is stacked with the volume. I had bought another stacked pot with the intention of setting it up as vol/tone vol/tone but then realised I have no idea how to do that and haven't got around to looking into it...

Thanks - Yea I did see your posts about the Tony Franklin you had, and to be honest it was an influencing factor in me seeking one out to try for myself. So even though you no longer have one, you did keep the idea alive :)

...bearing in mind GAS seems to get the better of us all around here, you never know you might have a chance at replacing it (then it can be my turn to be the idiot!)

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='carlosfandango' post='146815' date='Feb 25 2008, 06:40 PM']ohhh....if you ever want to sell the white one then PLEASE contact me first....I miss her so![/quote]

Don't worry mate, you will always be first in line if Kylie goes to the chopping block. She seems to be turning into my main gigging bass as I dare not take the '74 out at the moment so don't think she will go anywhere very soon though :/