Why become a member? ×

Gloves, for bass?!

MatthewKeys

Hey there

I was just wondering, are there any gloves available for bassplayers? Because I am fed up of standard strings such as rotosound sounding dead after 3 hours play, and Elixirs only sound good for about a week, due to my corrosive sweaty palms.

It's expensive as hell and I really cannot afford it, so if there any type of gloves I could buy that I would be able to play bass with?

Thanks!!

[quote name='MatthewKeys' post='1140432' date='Feb 24 2011, 09:05 PM']Hey there

I was just wondering, are there any gloves available for bassplayers? Because I am fed up of standard strings such as rotosound sounding dead after 3 hours play, and Elixirs only sound good for about a week, due to my corrosive sweaty palms.

It's expensive as hell and I really cannot afford it, so if there any type of gloves I could buy that I would be able to play bass with?

Thanks!![/quote]
ha ha. very funny mate! have you tried playing with your teeth?

Edited by lettsguitars

[quote name='lettsguitars' post='1140469' date='Feb 24 2011, 09:23 PM']well blow me down and call me a taxi. can't imagine the gloves last long tho. do gloves help with sustain? or socks for that matter? hang on. deja vu.[/quote]
I have worn a few little holes in the finger tips after about twenty hours.

They don't hinder my playing at all, and actually promote very smooth playing and more even tone.

I don't mind looking like Audrey hepburn though, some people do :)