Why become a member? ×

Warwick Thumb NT 5 string - 1991

Thunderthumbs

I know I'm going to end up regretting this.

It's going to break my heart as I bought this brand new 17 years ago, but I've decided the time has come to let my Warwick Thumb NT 5 string go to a good home.

It's been getting less and less use the past couple of years, virtually none in fact, so it's pointless sitting at home doing nothing. I always used to take it to gigs with me as a backup, but it was getting used for 1 song at most (even if we did it) as I reverted back to a 4 string as my main bass a couple of years ago.

Price £1000 although may consider a bass+cash trade.

Comes with a Gator hard case.

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=4177"]Can be seen here[/url]

PM me if you want more pics.

Cheers,
Pete.

Edited by Thunderthumbs

[quote name='Thunderthumbs' post='130085' date='Jan 29 2008, 03:55 PM']I know I\'m going to end up regretting this.

It\'s going to break my heart as I bought this brand new 17 years ago, but I\'ve decided the time has come to let my Warwick Thumb NT 5 string go to a good home.

It\'s been getting less and less use the past couple of years, virtually none in fact, so it\'s pointless sitting at home doing nothing. I always used to take it to gigs with me as a backup, but it was getting used for 1 song at most (even if we did it) as I reverted back to a 4 string as my main bass a couple of years ago.

Price £1000 although may consider a bass+cash trade.

Comes with a Gator hard case.

[url="http://\"http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=4177\""]Can be seen here[/url]

PM me if you want more pics.

Cheers,
Pete.[/quote]

link not working

I recall you saying this Mr Thunderthumbs..

[quote name='Thunderthumbs' post='111091' date='Dec 30 2007, 07:26 PM']Gorgeous basses. I've got one the same, but made a couple of years later methinks.

It's the one bass I'll take to my grave I think.....even the Mrs wouldn't see it sold! ;)[/quote]

It's fair you don't use it as much, but still :) *points above*..

Anyways, have a [b]BUMP![/b] on behalf of me mate :huh: you'll always buy the best from Thunderthumbs ;) true testimonial raite there.

[quote name='GremlinAndy' post='133936' date='Feb 4 2008, 10:11 PM']I thought you were after Johns Blue Stage 1?[/quote]

It's a tie between the two to be honest...but for many reasons,

Make a change from a 4 get a 5 string..

They're both in the same age bracket..(early 90's)

Pete's is natural whilst John's is laquered..

A couple of the few...hence Im tied up! got money to spend and GAS to release..we'll just have to see what happens..Trust here more than the bay, since peeps are kind, honest and generous..

But dw andy..it isn't a battle...:) I'm just shopping about!..

[quote name='Pedro1020' post='133946' date='Feb 4 2008, 10:26 PM']It's a tie between the two to be honest...but for many reasons,

Make a change from a 4 get a 5 string..

They're both in the same age bracket..(early 90's)

Pete's is natural whilst John's is laquered..

A couple of the few...hence Im tied up! got money to spend and GAS to release..we'll just have to see what happens..Trust here more than the bay, since peeps are kind, honest and generous..

But dw andy..it isn't a battle...:) I'm just shopping about!..[/quote]

No battle here mate... They're both nice basses, good luck whichever way you go.

[quote name='GremlinAndy' post='134186' date='Feb 5 2008, 11:14 AM']No battle here mate... They're both nice basses, good luck whichever way you go.[/quote]

lol hehe dw, just a friendly joke :huh: Congrats to your new Warwick (I think I said before, tho I'll say again :)) and likewise, a good luck to your future purchases and GAS attacks, all the best mate.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...