Why become a member? ×

Spector NS2A (superb original late 80's Kramer!)

cetera

Sadly it's time for me to liquidate a couple of bits from my collection to keep the VISA cards under control....

So without much further ado I present the following....

[b]Spector NS2A[/b]

This is a gorgeous and highly rated late 80's/maybe early-1990 Korean made thru-neck Spector NS2A in red stain with Spector pickups, a Spector Hazlab Jr preamp (almost identical to the full US Hazlab) and black hardware (heavy duty Spector bridge, tuners, knobs and Schaller strap pins). The body and thru neck are maple with a rosewood fingerboard.

These original Spector import basses have a great reputation with this top of the range NS2A model often being rated as 90% the quality of the legendary full US NS2 models, but for a fraction of the price - the main differences being the Spector branded EMG-made pickups, non-gold hardware, Rosewood rather than Pau Ferro board and 3A rather than 5A grade maple bodies!
Indeed, with a popular upgrade of the pickups to full active EMG's you would have a monster on your hands!! Many well known 80's/90's rock bassists (Kip Winger, Eddie Jackson, etc) used these, with the pickup upgrade, on recordings and 'live'! Sadly this simple and inexpensive upgrade is something I never got around to doing... :)

Being all maple and armed with the Hazlab Jr preamp, these basses are MUCH closer to the legendary US NS2 model than the more recent Euro LX models (which will cost you double my price s/h and 3 times as much new)!

Controls are vol (p), vol (j), bass (cut/boost) and treble (cut boost)

See halfway down the page here for more info on these great basses: [url="http://www.spectorbass.com/about/model_years_2.html"]http://www.spectorbass.com/about/model_years_2.html[/url]

In the spirit of full disclosure I would rate the condition as 8.5/10 with a few discolouration scuffs to the very bottom of the body, some light surface scratches on the back of the body and a light surface nick halfway up the back of the neck.

I'm looking for a VERY reasonable *SOLD* cash, cheque or direct a/c transfer. No trades and no Paypal thanks....and I would prefer pickup from Guildford area, Surrey or Central London. I will however ship/courier at buyers cost if really necessary. :)
Sadly it doesn't come with a case...

Please see my feedback thread (at the bottom of my signature below) for assurances of a clean and honest transaction.

Edited by cetera

[quote name='lee650' post='1131713' date='Feb 17 2011, 11:49 PM']AAAARRRGGGGHHH its kips "madelaine" video bass, i really want it, but ive no money :lol: fantastic bass someones getting a beauty ( it does need the EMGs though)[/quote]

Yep, it pretty much is! Well spotted mate :)

Get selling something and then PM me :)

[quote name='Bassulike66' post='1148970' date='Mar 3 2011, 09:51 PM']Would love to get this for my son...it my stop him mauling my Euro's!! The swine!![/quote]

Talk to me & let's see if we can make it happen :)

[quote name='lee650' post='1151905' date='Mar 6 2011, 09:23 PM']Gary im so skint its unreal at the moment, but i would love this so much (i would even get the EMG'S for it)- somebody please buy it, it's driving me mad!!! BUMP!!!![/quote]

Sorry Lee! :)

Get saving or selling and it may still be here... you never know :)

[quote name='silddx' post='1155541' date='Mar 9 2011, 04:30 PM']Is that the one I played mate?

If so, it plays wonderfully and sounds gorgeous, from glassy grit to dub tones with ease.[/quote]

Hey Nige, it's not THE one.... but it IS it's sister! :)
Thanks for the affirmation of the quality we're dealing with here...! :)

[quote name='Macklaud' post='1157130' date='Mar 10 2011, 08:15 PM']If only it was black...[/quote]

At this price you could buy it and get it resprayed and STILL have a bargain! :)

[quote name='rbigman' post='1167649' date='Mar 18 2011, 09:04 PM']dude my wife just bought me your bass for our anniversary!
Its beautiful and will be well looked after! I know it can be tough selling basses. hope you get something nice for the little man!

Cheers[/quote]

You're welcome mate! Hold on to that lovely Wife of yours - she's very cool to buy you a bass for your Anniversary! :)
Please leave me positive feedback if you haven't already and then I'll do the same for you :)

Enjoy!