Why become a member? ×

Fender jazz bass 1978

dr1

Here's for sale a great feeling and sounding and pretty light ash body Fender jazz bass (around 3.8 kilos)
It's all original, pots, hardware,etc. Nitro finish,and yes - all worn up. Would be delivered via DHL.

All questions please contact [email protected] or send me a PM.

Price 1600 euros (dhl included!!!). Thank you for looking.

Edited by dr1

cheers for the comments!

for Mr. Sherlock: it's original colour, it's nitro finished, worn up, so that's what probably give you ideas.

also, some interesting jazz bass trades arrangements are welcome - Sadowsky or Lakland (USA series) !

[quote name='umcoo' post='1128031' date='Feb 15 2011, 09:47 AM']That looks tasty! Are you sure it's nitro? I thought Fender stopped using nitro in 1970 or thereabouts?[/quote]

Pretty sure they did if not earlier, this shouldn't be nitro. I've seen a couple of rather crazed factory poly finishes where something obviously went a bit wrong and/or the instrument experienced a drastic change in humidty/temp. Didn't look quite like that but it's hard to tell in a photo.

Funky-looking bass though, I like those late-70s strat-style knobs! :)

they used nitro till the end of '70s - along with poly too. '70s were rather crazy, they did all kind of things with finishes, they combinated parts from different years, had strange serials,everything. I had a white jazz from '77 neck dated '77 and body and electronics from '76, that bass were also nitro. I know photos looks like bass were painted with boat coating but it really should be original ( I say SHOULD be as I didn't bought the bass back in '78 ),original owner said it never been refinished and from what I see it looks that way.