Why become a member? ×

SOLD Squier Classic Vibe Jazz with Wizard 64s

EssentialTension

[b][u]I'm in Brighton and I'd much prefer a pickup for this, or a meet in Sussex or on the southern half of the M25, as I have no hard case or even gigbag.[/u][/b]

OK, you know what it is - a well played but rarely gigged 2008 Squier Classic Vibe Jazz CGRI08003229 (25/10/08, Grand Reward Education and Entertainment, Guang Dong, China) with a couple of alterations:

Stock pickups have been replaced with [url="http://www.wizardpickups.co.uk/shop.asp?category=Bass"]Wizard 64s[/url] at £70 for a pair and the routing is copper taped.

Jack socket is now a Switchcraft.

Pickguard is a white pearl that fits the screwholes but leaves a small gap at the bell plate (see the pics for this) but the original tort guard is supplied. Oddly, one pickguard screw is missing but I'll try to find it or a replacement. I have the tugbar but the white pearl pickguard is not drilled for it.

There is a small (about 1/8th inch) dent on the edge of the forearm cutaway which is too small to photograph - it will probably be hidden by your arm anyway.

At present wearing GHS Black Nylon flatwounds with red silks - although the pics show La Bella Black Nylons with dark purple silks.

Schaller strap locks are fitted; I have the original strap buttons.

On my luggage scales the bass weighs 9.3lbs or 4.2kilos.

There is no gigbag or case.

[u][b]As I said, I'm in Brighton and I'd much prefer a pickup or a meet [/b][/u]although I might eventually be convinced to post at the buyer's expense if I can't get a local sale. I'm looking for a cash sale; the only trades (with cash adjustment) that would interest me are fretless 'acoustic vibe' piezo basses such as Rob Allen, Veillette, etc. - so not much chance of that.

At [url="http://www.gak.co.uk/en/squier-classic-vibe-60s-jazz-bass/20779"]GAK these are now £319[/url] without, of course, the Wizards and other alterations.

This can be yours for [b][size=3][s]£240[/s] £230[/size][/b] collected.

Edited by EssentialTension