Why become a member? ×

Bill Fitzmaurice Omni10

DirkThrust

For anyone not familiar with BFMs look on the Bill Fitzmaurice website for reviews of these cabs. It's loaded with 2 Eminence Beta drivers, Power handling of 500watts, 8 ohms, weighs 49lbs.

This is the best sounding cab I've ever heard. I've owned Trace Elliot, Ashdown, Mesa/Boogie, Bag End and Schroeder and this beats them all. Obviously it's a 2x10 so it won't compete with a full stack, but it is very efficient and is loud, punchy and hi-fi and will wipe the floor with any other small to medium single cab commercially available.

I had a Schroeder 1210 before this and compared to the BFM it sounded like a telephone earpiece.

I'm only selling this because I've built 2 Omni 10.5s which are each half of an Omni10.

I'm virtually giving this away at £250

Edited by PaulMartin

• 3 weeks later...

Im really suprised this hasn't sold for £250 it's a bargin.

Its obviosuly finished to a high standard and these things are fantastic. I a/b'd my markbess 102HF with one of these cabs and it was by far the better cab. Its alot more mid heavy then most are used too (well its not mid heavy its just a level response which most cab builders seem to not do when making a bass cab) this thing will make you heard on stage. For those hunting for clear tone what you put in you get out, you can't go far wrong.

The only reason Im not biting his arm off is I have two 10.5 crossfires on the build and they wont sit on top of this cab because mine are wder.

Try popping this up on finnbass alot of people go there when looking into BFM cabs.

[quote name='Sugden' post='142439' date='Feb 18 2008, 01:29 PM']Im really suprised this hasn't sold for £250 it's a bargin.

Its obviosuly finished to a high standard and these things are fantastic. I a/b'd my markbess 102HF with one of these cabs and it was by far the better cab. Its alot more mid heavy then most are used too (well its not mid heavy its just a level response which most cab builders seem to not do when making a bass cab) this thing will make you heard on stage. For those hunting for clear tone what you put in you get out, you can't go far wrong.

The only reason Im not biting his arm off is I have two 10.5 crossfires on the build and they wont sit on top of this cab because mine are wder.

Try popping this up on finnbass alot of people go there when looking into BFM cabs.[/quote]

Thanks Sugden. I'll give it a try

• 1 month later...

[quote name='finnbass' post='169383' date='Apr 3 2008, 07:53 PM']Shouldn't be a major problem :)

I'd challnge anyone to scour the internet and find a bad review of these cabs :huh:[/quote]

As you say mate I'm not too worried about the tone, as long as it isn't a boxy bag of pants and if any review I've ever read is anything to go by I can't see that being the case! It isn't actually going to be my #1 cab, it'll be for rehearsals and 'possibly' for use with an EUB and my Thunderfunk.

I'd love to see build pics or details of materials and a few more details on the finishing (as this is often where home made products fall down).

Look forward to a bit more info.

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='169389' date='Apr 3 2008, 07:59 PM']As you say mate I'm not too worried about the tone, as long as it isn't a boxy bag of pants and if any review I've ever read is anything to go by I can't see that being the case! It isn't actually going to be my #1 cab, it'll be for rehearsals and 'possibly' for use with an EUB and my Thunderfunk.

I'd love to see build pics or details of materials and a few more details on the finishing (as this is often where home made products fall down).

Look forward to a bit more info.[/quote]

Ok I'll send you what pictures I've got tomorrow. Structurally it's very sound. It's glued and screwed and I'm a bit of an obsessive perfectionist about building stuff so I made sure it was right. The carpeting is slightly rough in a couple of places where the edges didnt quite meet up but you have to look closely and it's only cosmetic.

Obviously I'll give you a money back guarantee if you're not happy with it and I'll pay for it to be couriered back to me if you keep the packaging and re-pack it. PM me your postcode and I'll get a price for the courier.

Edited by PaulMartin

[quote name='finnbass' post='169383' date='Apr 3 2008, 07:53 PM']Shouldn't be a major problem :)

I'd challenge anyone to scour the internet and find a bad review of these cabs :huh:

(And no, don't bother cos I wont be coming back to check..)[/quote]

I'm sure you're right.

The only reservation I have is that so many cabs are voiced with a mid scoop that the initial impression of a BFM may be that it is very mid prominent compared to most commercially available cabs, which may not be to everyones taste.

Bump. Still available.

I'd prefer not to courier this due to the size and aggro involved and also the risk of it getting dropped off the back of a lorry, but I can deliver or meet halfway within a reasonable distance (say up to the midlands) for the cost of my fuel only @10p per mile