Why become a member? ×

Ooohh

neilb

[quote name='Rumble' post='1125452' date='Feb 12 2011, 10:17 PM']If they sound anywhere near as good as they look, you're onto a sure winner.

Pleeeeeaaaase strike a deal for Mark at Bassdirect to stock a few so I can pop over and try a couple![/quote]

If Mark reads a certain amount of interest among the customers, everything will be easier :)
So it's up to you bassists :)

[quote name='Biarnel' post='1120457' date='Feb 8 2011, 07:11 PM']Actually, it's not :)

That bass has deep tonal chambers, giving it a nice peculiar sound. It also has handwound low impedance pickup, for improved clarity and dynamic range.

And about the fingerboard.. it's birdseye maple, quite stunning "in person" :)

By the way, I'm the italian luthier who makes those basses :lol:[/quote]

Forgive not having come across the term before, but what are 'deep tonal chambers'?

[quote name='4 Strings' post='1126536' date='Feb 13 2011, 11:59 PM']Forgive not having come across the term before, but what are 'deep tonal chambers'?[/quote]

Well, all my instruments have tonal chambers inside their body. This means the body is somehow hollow in certain areas.
Those chambers are quite big, not just small zones, hence the use of "deep tonal chambers".

Feel free to ask if you need more infos.

[quote name='thodrik' post='1126551' date='Feb 14 2011, 12:20 AM']I am liking these.[/quote]

You, sir, you surely have to check out this thread, then: [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=122851"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=122851[/url]

Questions welcome.

[quote name='Biarnel' post='1126542' date='Feb 13 2011, 03:05 PM']Well, all my instruments have tonal chambers inside their body. This means the body is somehow hollow in certain areas.
Those chambers are quite big, not just small zones, hence the use of "deep tonal chambers".

Feel free to ask if you need more infos.[/quote]
Since you asked. What the difference between chambers and tonal chambers?

[quote name='Vibrating G String' post='1126618' date='Feb 14 2011, 02:43 AM']What the difference between chambers and tonal chambers?[/quote]

Just think of them as pockets inside the body, where the sound can resonate a little, and where the wood absence makes everything lighter :)

All the remaining is terminology :)

The second bass shows what good ideas this luthier can come up with, rather than just making Fender derivatives / 'copies'.
The second bass is a really lovely-looking piece of work, but I wouldn't buy a Fender derivative, myself.
I just don't see the point. There are so many other ideas for body shapes out there

[quote name='12stringbassist' post='1127683' date='Feb 14 2011, 10:38 PM']The second bass shows what good ideas this luthier can come up with, rather than just making Fender derivatives / 'copies'.
The second bass is a really lovely-looking piece of work, but I wouldn't buy a Fender derivative, myself.
I just don't see the point. There are so many other ideas for body shapes out there[/quote]

You gave me the chance to talk about this.
I almost -had- to make a "quasi jazz" model to attract customers, in Italy. Someone spots it, then posts it on some forums, and the GAS (hopefully) begins.
Then, they fall in love with the Iter, or the Scorcio. Those two are BY FAR my best sellers.

But everything begins with the Prassi, it's like a.. nice business card.

This very thread started with the Prassi.

Thank you for everything you said about my works :)