Why become a member? ×

mark king on bass with house band princes trust

ian

[quote name='ian' post='1113001' date='Feb 2 2011, 09:06 PM']i see mark king on tv the other night on the princes trust gig as part of the house band did anyone else see it ? he seemed out of hes comfort zone anyway thought i would chuck it out there whats your thoughts[/quote]

Not the first time he's done it.... and many moons ago Level 42 were the house band

He did good. :) I was particularly impressed with how well he pulled off the Queen stuff, since he's not really known as a rock player. And, despite his thumb being taped up for action, I didn't hear him slap once. Nice Statii too. :)

Good show though. Some nice variety there. The usual dad-rock suspects (Clapton, etc), but it was nice to see Paloma Faith, and that kid from Keane who sang with Queen absolutely nailed the Freddie thing - who'd have thunk it? Hidden behind Keane's bland indie-rock stylings is a proper showman with a proper voice trying to get out! :lol:

I always thought he did the house band thing very well... haven't seen this latest one though yet but will look out for it.
I get as pi***d off with the L42 thing as much as anyone but to say that is the only thing he can do..is incomphrehensable to me.

I wish he would do more of this sort of stufff... like Clapton, he is better in house bands or pick-up bands for good causes, than as his own act..well, I like them far more. Ditto, Gilmour, but then he is great everytime he picks up his strat.

Knoffler is another one... none of them deserve a tag as one-dimensional, IMO.

dont get me wrong i thought he was good
I think he should of stuck on the 5 he used it on the first track and sounded really nice then he changed to the 4 i thought this was a bit thin sounding with the 30s to 90s great for level 42 but not so great for a house band only my opinion dont shoot me down lol.