Why become a member? ×

Duran's bass player being a total tool

KiOgon

Perhaps he is not comfortable miming, and the tuning peg fiddling is part of that, certainly seems freer when he is playing live

And if the bass where live, if he did have a tuning issue that meant he had to tweak it that many times, due to the minimal notes in the song, he could have changed note positions to avoid the dodgy tuner string

I like the band, including most of the stuff they have done since there hay day, but i want to turn the radio over when this comes on

Edited by lojo

Well now i have seen it i really dont know what he was playing at as the bass was still going while he was trying to tune it and even once they finnished he was still messing about with it ! still great player though :)

[quote name='KiOgon' post='1112806' date='Feb 2 2011, 06:49 PM']Who's the bass player? What a twat, I saw him fart about 'tuning' his A string I think, about 4 or 5 times during the minute or so I watched, couldn't understand it, 'pro player'? Even reaching over with his right hand, I'm sure they were miming any how![/quote]

Looks like John Taylor to me. There are certainly bigger twats in this world...

He was reaching over with his right hand so that he could sustain the note he was fretting with his left.

I don't understand the problem?

[quote name='Conan' post='1121040' date='Feb 9 2011, 10:02 AM']Looks like John Taylor to me. There are certainly bigger twats in this world...

He was reaching over with his right hand so that he could sustain the note he was fretting with his left.

[b]I don't understand the problem?[/b][/quote]
Personal issues.