Why become a member? ×

Rickenbacker 4000 Bass 1982 NO LONGER AVAILABLE traded with Born to lose, thanks Richard

ash

Here is my beautiful Rickenbacker 4000 bass in azureglow (blue in Rick speak). All original with serial number dating it to 1982. The bass even has the bridge pickup cover! It has the rarer 'wavy' Grover USA machineheads and original mute on the bridge. It has great tonal variation for a single pickup bass from aggressive Squire like tones to Precision warmth. Its a rare bass in this finish and has a set neck which is beautifully set up with a low action, very little fret wear. No issues with either trussrod. Superb tone and balance.

The bass has very little cosmetic wear with only minor dings to the headstock and grazes to the finish. I love this bass but it really does not fit in with the sound of my band so its not being played. Purchased off here just recently.

Pickup only due to the value of this item and the fact there isn't a case with it. Although open to negotiation. No non UK buyers (because I won't ship this) sorry! No scammers or timewasters if you are looking at this you know how rare these beasts are. More pics on request. Potential buyers may view the bass by arrangement. Thanks for looking!

Please note I am not interested in swaps or part exchanges.
Looking for 950.

[attachment=70542:_CEPeiy_...p7w___12.jpg]

[attachment=70543:_CEPe3NQ...fj____12.jpg]

[attachment=70544:_CEPetUw...lDQ___12.jpg]

OK some trades considered -

Rick 4003 5 string plus cash [i]your[/i] way.
John Birch 4001 copy plus cash [i]my[/i] way.
Gibson Grabber 2 (new version) Grabber 1 or 3 or Ripper Plus cash [i]my[/i] way.
Gibson Thunderbird or Les Paul 5 string plus cash [i]my[/i] way.
Epiphone Rivoli (not Korean) swap.
Gibson RD Artist plus cash [i]my[/i] way.
Not interested in modern basses apart from Trace Elliot T bass 5/4s plus cash my way or an Overwater Jazz 5 or an Esh 5 string Jazz Cheers!

Edited by ash

I recognise this one, one of Simon's stash! Nice piece of kit... worth noting that V&R have a '73 4000 in stock for £1895, so the price offered here is extremely good for such a collectable piece!

Good luck with the sale! :) :)

[quote name='Stag' post='1110244' date='Jan 31 2011, 09:52 PM']I recognise this one, one of Simon's stash! Nice piece of kit... worth noting that V&R have a '73 4000 in stock for £1895, so the price offered here is extremely good for such a collectable piece!

Good luck with the sale! :) :)[/quote]

Yep its a beaut and at a bargain price methinks.

[quote name='ash' post='1122938' date='Feb 10 2011, 05:43 PM']Hi its in Lancaster North West UK[/quote]

Still not gone after a few bites - can't emphasise what a lovely bass this is. I will price drop to 900 cash or paypal gift sort out your own courier. Cheers!

[quote name='ash' post='1123641' date='Feb 11 2011, 10:42 AM']Still not gone after a few bites - can't emphasise what a lovely bass this is. I will price drop to 900 cash or paypal gift sort out your own courier. Cheers![/quote]

Onwards and upwards

[quote name='The Twickerman' post='1126358' date='Feb 13 2011, 08:09 PM']I cannot believe someone hasn't snapped this up!!!

(I blame the bankers for the financial crisis).[/quote]
I agree! Slowwwww market, lots of interest though....

[quote name='Stacker' post='1134195' date='Feb 20 2011, 11:41 AM']Well, nobody's biting on my NAsh JB or T-bass so I can't take this off you hands. Grim times. :)[/quote]
Yes, this is a bargain, can't believe no serious interest!