Why become a member? ×

Rickenbacker 4000 Bass 1982 NO LONGER AVAILABLE traded with Born to lose, thanks Richard

ash

Can't believe no takers! This is a gorgeous bass in excellent cosmetic and playing condition, the only interest has gone nowhere, this really is a bargain bass, if you email me with any P ex's I will consider 5 string Bongos or US Fenders, cash my way and others. The only reason for selling is it doesn't suit my playing style - nothing else, no catches, its worth much more than I am asking.

[quote name='ash' post='1150856' date='Mar 5 2011, 07:18 PM']Can't believe no takers! This is a gorgeous bass in excellent cosmetic and playing condition, the only interest has gone nowhere, this really is a bargain bass, if you email me with any P ex's I will consider 5 string Bongos or US Fenders, cash my way and others. The only reason for selling is it doesn't suit my playing style - nothing else, no catches, its worth much more than I am asking.[/quote]

Hi - I'm new to the form, and to Ricks in fact, so please pardon my ignorance - why does this only have one pickup ?

I am interested by the way - I have a Grabber & a Ripper to trade.

Edited by Born to Lose

[quote name='Born to Lose' post='1155366' date='Mar 9 2011, 02:25 PM']Hi - I'm new to the form, and to Ricks in fact, so please pardon my ignorance - why does this only have one pickup ?[/quote]

because its the 4000 model and not the 4001 or 4003 that everyone is used to seeing.

[quote name='Born to Lose' post='1155366' date='Mar 9 2011, 02:25 PM']Hi - I'm new to the form, and to Ricks in fact, so please pardon my ignorance - why does this only have one pickup ?

I am interested by the way - I have a Grabber & a Ripper to trade.[/quote]

Its a no frills take on the 4000 series but a nice bass with a typical Ricky grunt, as the man said its got only one pickup because its mono and more in keeping with the early Rick basses. PM sent. Its really rare in this finish had loads of interest but mainly people drooling rather than buying!

[quote name='ash' post='1155643' date='Mar 9 2011, 05:53 PM']Its a no frills take on the 4000 series but a nice bass with a typical Ricky grunt, as the man said its got only one pickup because its mono and more in keeping with the early Rick basses. PM sent. Its really rare in this finish had loads of interest but mainly people drooling rather than buying![/quote]
Is it a 34 inch scale??

[quote name='Jimelliottbassist' post='1155669' date='Mar 9 2011, 06:23 PM']Is it a 34 inch scale??[/quote]

same as a 4001/3 - think that is 33.5 as they are slightly less than a p bass if I remember correctly