Why become a member? ×

Warwick Streamer Stage I 5 string - £SOLD

Mike

Hi all!

Further to my bass clearout, this is my final one that has to make way for a Shuker I'm considering ordering. This Warwick has been, by far, the best five string I've ever owned, and accompanies me to every gig - I use my Shuker 4 and this one. It's a 2000 model, set-up and purchased from Mike Walsh at Iceni Zoot (the Bass Merchant). It has absolutely superb Aero dual coil pickups with a John East Preamp. There are two strap buttons at the bridge end, bell brass frets, a flamed maple (I think!) top, a wenge fingerboard (again, as far as I'm aware) bass and treble pots, blend and master volume, which pulls up and becomes passive. There is also a toggle switch, which doesn't really do much - Mike said that it could be removed or changed to do something - at the moment it seems disengage the preamp. I always keep it on, no problem!

The bass is regularly waxed, but as with a lot of Warwick basses there are a couple of marks where fingers have rested - two between the pickups and one above the neck pickup. There are some marks on the back, looks like a couple of scratches and beltbuckle marks. The finish on the bass really isn't represented well over photographs - it's a beautiful glowing honey colour with a stunning flame.

So that's the minor problems sorted. The bass is hugely powerful - the pickups are flexible and the John East EQ is powerful. It sits in the mix live like nothing (apart from my Shuker 4, which is more my sound). I was dubious when I first tried this bass, as I love the Warwick sound and thought the new pickups and preamp might make it a completely different beast. Luckily my fears came to naught, as it just improves upon an already amazing axe! I was able to A/B it with a Streamer IV and it was definately superior in tone.

Here's a few details about these basses.

[i]
5-string = 640 mm Fingerboard Radius

The Streamer Stage I is a true masterpiece of modern bass construction and one of the most successful of all the thoroughbreds in Warwick's stable. Each maple body is carefully selected and ergonomically shaped for increased stability at a reduced weight. The Streamer Stage I's neck-through design maximizes playability and provides a magnificent foundation for a naturally rich tone and enhanced sound.

The extraordinary versatility of the Streamer Stage I is one of its most obvious advantages. Whether in the defined mid-range, or the clear velvety-soft high register, the Stage I performs immaculately. The tone control system, with 3-band electronics provides both dramatic and subtle changes of timbre. [/i]

I paid a grand for it about 6 months ago. I think [b][b]£800[/b][/b] is an exceptional price for a bass of this quality. I just want to sell quickly and get the money paid for the Shuker that will match my 4 string.

There is no hardcase with this bass, so ideally I'd like to have the bass collected or I could possibly deliver for a small fee, or meet somewhere. I'll look into shipping if absolutely necessary but I'd be a little worried.

PM me for anymore details! Edited by Mike

[url="http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Electric+Bass/product/Warwick/Streamer+Stage+1+/10/1"]Harmony Central Reviews here[/url] and [url="http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Electric+Bass/product/Warwick/Streamer+Stage+I-5/10/1"]here![/url]

[quote name='finnbass' post='127226' date='Jan 24 2008, 07:49 PM']If it was a four, I'd probably rip yer arm orf... :)[/quote]

And if your auntie had balls...etc !!

[quote name='Lee-Man' post='127242' date='Jan 24 2008, 08:07 PM']I think I played this at The bass merchant? If so I really liked it, got the same pickups in my Sadowsky[/quote]

You'd be correct Lee! I'd love to see a picture of that Sadowsky. How do you like the pickups? I love 'em! Might get similar ones in the forthcoming Shuker, still trying to decide.

This is still available. I've also popped it on eBay. In no rush to sell, it's still a bass I gig with all the time!

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=230217467262&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=013"]Ebay Link[/url]

[quote name='Mike' post='127260' date='Jan 24 2008, 08:19 PM']And if your auntie had balls...etc !!

You'd be correct Lee! I'd love to see a picture of that Sadowsky. How do you like the pickups? I love 'em! Might get similar ones in the forthcoming Shuker, still trying to decide.[/quote]

I think they are great, got another Sadowsky with Sadowsky electrics in an that sounds great, this one has Aeros and an Aguilar 3 band eq.