Why become a member? ×

PRICE DROP! 1978 Fender Precision - poss Trade

paulbkeeves

I hope I don't regret doing this...

For sale. All original 1978 P-Bass.
Natural finish
Maple neck
Black scratchplate

If you're after an immaculate museum piece or something that looks pretty - forget it.
If you're after a great P that looks like it's been every day for the last 33 years then you are in the right place!

The laquer is cracked all over the body and the neck has lots of signs of wear and tear (hey, don't people pay extra these days for such a worn in finish!?!) but there is nothing that affects the playability of this bass in any way.

The bass used to reside in the Manics studio in Wales but had since been living with me in Berlin. I'll be traveling back to England next week and will gladly bring the funky P along.

Yours for 925 quid

Price drop to £850

Im on tour at the moment so can't add photos just yet...

Update - I'm in UK with bass for this week 31st Jan - 5th Feb. If you'd like a peek I'll be in the Birmingham area.

Edited by paulbkeeves

Sorry about the delay in adding photos folks - I had about 30mins at home today in between touring in France and leaving for UK, during which time the cameras batteries died on me! Arghh! The bass will be with me in Brum this week if anyone would like a peek and in the next day or 2 I'll try and grab a camera...

Bump

[quote name='NURZE' post='1108985' date='Jan 31 2011, 07:17 AM']keep me posted! seriously considering this...

would you ship to Belgium?[/quote]

I've just driven through Belgium a few hours ago!!!

I'll be driving back again through Belgium on Sunday (from Dunkirk to Berlin). But I hope to sell earlier this week as I have my eye on something on the forum that i need the cash for...

All the best,

Paul

added photos bump

[quote name='jsixties' post='1109264' date='Jan 31 2011, 01:55 PM']Hi Paul,
Awesome bass.
What is printed on the back of the headstock?[/quote]

It's a little music store sticker with the name of a shop in Cardiff. Looks like it's been on there forever (perhaps from new?)

PBK

[quote name='paulbkeeves' post='1111491' date='Feb 1 2011, 07:29 PM']Bump - may be interested in a trade for a 5 string (such as the Lakland Joe Osbourne that I just missed out on - boo hoo!)[/quote]

Sorry mate.... :)

Have a bump, on me :)