Why become a member? ×

Techsoundsystems Neodynamic 210xt Cab

Kalim

Hi,

I have for sale a fantastic Techsoundsystems Neodynamic 210 XT cab, which is 4 ohm and 700 watt (goes down to 37hz) £350.

Handles 5 string no problem. Wieghs about 15kg but very solid.

I have had fitted a new and original Ciar Tweeter (from Tecamp) which has 6 settings. The speakers have not been abused and is in excellent working conditon and no dents or tears. I look after my gear well.

This is a very high quality cab, uses high quality components and Ciare Italian speakers and hi- fi quality wiring.

I would like a straight swap, Prefereably for an Eden 410 XLT or 15 XLT or even a Mark Bass 15HF

The Techsoundsystems cab sounds very smooth but dynamic. I am after something with a mid bump live type of sound so just fancy a change.

I found some informtion on the net on this cab which is as follows:

" #4
10-28-2006, 07:05 AM
RWiegman
Registered User Join Date: Jul 2005

Congratulations! Tech Soundsystems makes great cabs! I used to use SWR cabs (first one Goliath III 4x10 and after that 2 Gol. III 2x10 Jr's) for almost 8 years, but I was curious about the NEO hype. So I got a used Tech Soundsystems 210 XT and realised it was WAY better than SWR. I immediately sold the SWR cabs. The 210XT outperforms 2 Gol. Jr.'s at ease. It's better in reproducing a low B, is louder, can handle 700(!!) watt RMS, is lighter (+/-19KG/42LBS) and I now don't have trouble anymore hearing myself in the band.
The sound is modern and well balanced.

I'm very curious about the new TecAmp cabs (http://www.tec-amp.com/). It's the same company but got a new name. Too bad they don't have the "XT" versions anymore, but the good news is the new cabs are a bit cheaper than the older ones.
I'm convinced the new product line will sound (at least) as good as the previous."

Pics to follow.

Cheers
Kalim

Edited by Kalim

[quote name='karlfer' post='1099338' date='Jan 23 2011, 09:17 AM']Hello Kalim.
Pics to come?
How old is this fella as can't find anything on t'internet after 2005 (but I am dim :) ).
Cheers,
Karl.[/quote]

As the former owner of the cab I can say that it's pre 2005. You'll not find anything on t'Interweb as the site was updated when Tech Soundsystems changed to Tecamp. Nice light cab. :)

[quote name='Kalim' post='1099244' date='Jan 23 2011, 12:33 AM']The Techsoundsystems cab sounds very smooth but dynamic. I am after something with a mid bump live type of sound so just fancy a change.[/quote]

Could you not just get the 'mid hump' from your EQ?

Hi, Yes, you can get something of a mid hump but it still remains very smooth (may be due to Neo Speakers) speakers apposed to a ceramic speker which is the character I now prefer, especially afer hearing an Eden 410 XLT which is a very live kind of live sound with a bit of roughness to the edges to the mid hump sound, if that makes sense.

Right, I better get on with finding and uploading those cab pics.

Cheers
Kalim

[quote name='Kalim' post='1099496' date='Jan 23 2011, 11:50 AM']Hi, Yes, you can get something of a mid hump but it still remains very smooth (may be due to Neo Speakers) speakers[/quote]

Hmmmm. Dunno about that, the Barefaced Compact - which weighs about the same or less than your cab - has a neo driver. Although it is regarded as being full-range and pretty flat, if you are used to a 'scooped' tone you will find it has a real 'shouty' mid-range. Worth a look, and a second-hand one should be around the price you are asking for your Tech cab.

Just a thought.