Why become a member? ×

Hmm... Not Happy At All

Plux_the_Duck

Just started a 80s glam band, for a laugh and all that, not that we really love the music, just cos it will be fun and all that...

We were just going to our first rehearsal this sunday, all booked and ready and today the bass player (I happen to be singing) decides to walk on us saying she wasn't ever in the band despite the fact she gave us the idea to form the band and was coming up costume ideas.

Really really annoying for me, the guitarist and the drummer who have learnt our parts. Especially as all the othe rbassists I know are already in bands or not interested in the idea!

Sorry had to vent this on here...

[quote name='Plux_the_Duck' post='1094476' date='Jan 18 2011, 09:14 PM']Just started a 80s glam band, for a laugh and all that, not that we really love the music, just cos it will be fun and all that...

We were just going to our first rehearsal this sunday, all booked and ready and today the bass player (I happen to be singing) decides to walk on us saying she wasn't ever in the band despite the fact she gave us the idea to form the band and was coming up costume ideas.

Really really annoying for me, the guitarist and the drummer who have learnt our parts. Especially as all the othe rbassists I know are already in bands or not interested in the idea!

Sorry had to vent this on here...[/quote]

That sucks man, but as a bass player had you considered singing while playing? Or getting someone else to sing?

That sucks, especially when all others have spent time learning material. An old band I was in used to do that. Great fun, and if its stuff along the lines of Crue/Sweet etc, playing bass & singing shouldn`t be too much of a problem. Won`t be as much fun for those glam-poses on stage though.

[quote name='Plux_the_Duck' post='1094476' date='Jan 18 2011, 09:14 PM']Just started a 80s glam band, for a laugh and all that, not that we really love the music, just cos it will be fun and all that...

Sorry had to vent this on here...[/quote]

Bass Players eh :)

why dont you ask your dad to play :)

[quote name='thunderbird13' post='1095082' date='Jan 19 2011, 01:06 PM']Bass Players eh :)

why dont you ask your dad to play :lol:[/quote]

best reply ever... :D but he wouldn't...

I would sing and play bass, but I can't play bass and sing - I just can't do it, I can play guitar and sing but not bass... :)

hopefully we'll find a new bassist soon...