Why become a member? ×

The original Beatles bass

It's a generic acoustic bass case in the usual Stagg-type plastic - cheap & cheerful but it does the job. I've had it for years, so I'll struggle to remember where I got it from. The case is up in the attic and I'll be blowed if I'm going up there on crutches to see if there's a brand on it. :)

Don't be fooled by the photos, the case is about twice as deep as it needs to be for this bass so it's padded out with bubble-wrap.

If I could find the correct case for the 500/5, I'd ditch this one straight away.

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='1091257' date='Jan 16 2011, 12:14 PM']I tried using the Zoom Q3-HD as an audio recorder but the format it uses is unusable for me (see my review of the Q3-HD under 'Recording'), so soundclips will have to wait until I bring my H2 home.[/quote]

If you can post the Q3HD file, then I'll probably be able to convert the file. If not here at home, then certainly at work tomorrow.

[quote name='Annoying Twit' post='1091262' date='Jan 16 2011, 12:23 PM']If you can post the Q3HD file, then I'll probably be able to convert the file. If not here at home, then certainly at work tomorrow.[/quote]

Lovely guitar. In 1963/64 I bought one exactly the same, with a black hard case, second hand for £12.10 shillings.
It had been damaged on the back, but been repaired very well, and it played like a dream.
I sold it in 1967 for the princely sum of £18.10 shillings. Which was about 2 weeks wages for me at the time as an engineering apprentice.
Every time I see these come up for sale I wince a little bit more.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing is'nt it.