Why become a member? ×

Wadding inside cab

Steve Spector

[quote name='Steve Spector' post='1089353' date='Jan 14 2011, 02:07 PM']Just picked up a used Aguilar cab and it dounds really distorted on the low notes.
One thing I noticed was that the material inside seems to be hanging down in front of the ports (see pics) - could this have something to do with it?
Steve[/quote]

Yep if its 'official' wadding it should be attached to the inside of the cab walls, contact Aguilar show them the pictures, their customer service is amazing. If you are lucky the blockage of the ports is causing the distortion as they can't 'breathe' and do their job to provide the nice lows, if not its a buggered driver (prob unlikely) I am afraid, again contact Aguilar, they used to do a exchange service i.e recone your frames, so it was not as expensive as one might think. However I am not sure they still do this as I am not sure what drivers they are using now (In the early days they used to make their own)

[quote name='Steve Spector' post='1089353' date='Jan 14 2011, 02:07 PM']Just picked up a used Aguilar cab and it dounds really distorted on the low notes.
One thing I noticed was that the material inside seems to be hanging down in front of the ports (see pics) - could this have something to do with it?
Steve[/quote]

The wadding is used to reduce the resonance of the cab - it shouldn't be able to produce distortion.
BUT - if it's hanging down like that then the chances are that someone has been inside the cab - it would be well worth taking a look inside the cab and having a tidy up while you are there...