Why become a member? ×

Zingy Deep Talking G-string.....?

Beedster

Hi all
Got a new set of La Bella Deep Talkin' flates a couple of weeks back and the g-string is very zingy compared to the rest. I can't remember if this was the case with the last set I bought but they're so old now it's hard to tell. Is this zinngyness usual for LBDT strings or should I send them back?
Chris

I found this with my Labellas , the G string was very bright compared to the other strings , almost roundwound in comparison. I cured it by rubbing furniture wax into the string twice a day for a day or two , a pain but it solved the problem. The G string will calm down so dont worry

• 1 year later...

This is odd...I've just got a set of Deep Talkin's. Never used them before and the g string seems very dull compared to the rest. All the other strings have a certain amount of clank, whereas the G sounds completely dead (kind of more like I expected flats to sound). Also, the G string looks different to the rest of the strings, in that you can't really see the windings on it.

Will the rest of the strings calm down to all sound like the G?

Edited by ryan0583

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='ryan0583' post='563573' date='Aug 8 2009, 05:02 PM']This is odd...I've just got a set of Deep Talkin's. Never used them before and the g string seems very dull compared to the rest. All the other strings have a certain amount of clank, whereas the G sounds completely dead (kind of more like I expected flats to sound). Also, the G string looks different to the rest of the strings, in that you can't really see the windings on it.

Will the rest of the strings calm down to all sound like the G?[/quote]

Crikey, that's the opposite problem to the one I had, we could have swapped strings had it been 8 months ago! I've certainly never found DTs to be clanky (although I guess it depends on action and tone settings) so I'd suggest you send them back, a string can be dulled down but not brightened up, and you shouldn't have to dull down three new strings

Chris

Edited by Beedster