Why become a member? ×

Dean Entwistle Signature Model

dwh87

[quote name='cocco' timestamp='1333924638' post='1608426']
I think they look way to METAL! There's nothing remotely "the who" or JE about them.
[/quote]

There's plenty of Who? about them - that'll be the first words out of every member of the Dean target market, whilst they try and work out who John Entwistle was :lol:

This is just getting stupid. Dean Guitars..... STOP. IT. This has totally got out of control here. If you want an Entwistle type bass you can either get an Alembic Spyder 2nd hand (or seriously mod an exploiter), sell your house and try and get a 2nd hand Status Buzzard (not the Warwick version as it's pants) or if you're more of the "non-reverse Thunderbird" bod get one from Cataldo Basses.

I don't think that John ever would have played something like this. Maybe he'll be "the new Dimebag" and will have ludicrous amounts of basses passed off as "what he would have wanted" even though he's been dead for almost a decade.

On the other hand, whilst those at Status were right royally screwed over by the Warwick thing, it's not like they're not making tons trotting out a new Kingbass every year with supernaturally minimal tweaks. That's not to say that I don't like Kingbasses, I just wonder why do they need 8 different models when all the options are available anyway? They never ever replaced the buzzard with anything at all which is a pity. I remember talking to Rob Green and he said it was something he wanted to do. That was 4 years ago. I doubt it'll ever happen.

It is exploitation of the basest (pardon the pun) possible order. Dean should be ashamed.

Edited by Wolverinebass

[quote name='Wolverinebass' timestamp='1334158580' post='1611800']
They never ever replaced the buzzard with anything at all which is a pity. I remember talking to Rob Green and he said it was something he wanted to do. That was 4 years ago. I doubt it'll ever happen.
[/quote]

From what I heard, Warwick made Status destroy their Buzzard moulds as Warwick owned the copyright on the design, so I'm almost certain it won't happen, which is a real shame. Perhaps they might come to a royalties agreement to make a limited run as a tribute, maybe some day...

Eude