Why become a member? ×

Musicman Stingray 5 neck

RhysP

I'm thinking of getting a Status Graphite neck for my recently acquired Stingray 5.
I've played nothing but graphite necks for the last couple of years & although I love the Stingray I just don't like the feel of the wooden neck.

Anybody know what a reasonable price would be to ask for the wooden neck (maple/maple) were I to sell it? It's totally mint.

Thanks.

Edited by RhysP

I thought about this last year with my Ray 5 fretless neck and based on Ray 4 neck prices I'd seen (when they rarely come up) my best estimate, without tuners was around the £200-225 Mark.

In the end I decided to stay with it but I'd also go with Pete's advice above to keep it so if you ever did sell then you keep your options open - you'd probably get more back for the Status neck parted out.

I had Status fit a graphite neck to my SR5 back in Jan 2005. I sold the original neck for £200 without tuners, etc. later that year.

Since then I have done more gigs with this bass than any other I've owned and would never want to go back to the original neck.

• 1 month later...