Why become a member? ×

USA Spector NS4 in Buckeye Burl - NOW SOLD!

molan

NOW SOLD AND HEADING FOR FRANCE :)

I bought this a while ago here on BC but it's not getting played enough so I thought I'd see if anyone might be interested in this really nice Spector NS4.

I got it at a good price for a US neck through bass so thought I'd put it up for the same amount as previously advertised: [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=87741&hl=spector"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...&hl=spector[/url]

I originally bought it with the plan of getting the rash on the rear re-finished but simply never got round to doing it - decided to just play it more, lol.

However I can arrange to have the work done for an additional £150 which would take it up to a little less than I think it's worth in perfect condition (I'd estimate circa £1,600 for something with this beautiful top). It is actually sitting at the Gallery in Camden right now if anyone wanted to check it out there.

I've copied one image here but there are more in the original post as per the link above. The top and inlays really are beautiful in the flesh (the inlays are one area where the US basses often really stand out from the Euro models).

As usual I'm happy to ship anywhere in the world so long as payment is received for the bass & shipping in advance. Would also consider trades for anything that might be easy to sell such as US Fenders, Lakland Skylines or US Musicman basses :)

Comes with genuine Spector hard case.

Edited by molan

As as new convert to all things spector, i have to say that is stunning and the abalone inlays def look very classy, i believe the USA,S have a pau ferro board while the euros have rosewood, which will only highlight those inlays, im currently gassing for a spector 4, a beautiful bass being sold by an asolute gent- bump :)

[quote name='lee650' post='1076955' date='Jan 4 2011, 12:15 AM']As as new convert to all things spector, i have to say that is stunning and the abalone inlays def look very classy, i believe the USA,S have a pau ferro board while the euros have rosewood, which will only highlight those inlays, im currently gassing for a spector 4, a beautiful bass being sold by an asolute gent- bump :)[/quote]

Thanks Lee :)

I love Spectors, were it not for my Fodera fetish this would be my main gigging bass, just so 'playable' I think. . .

[quote name='Bassulike66' post='1077344' date='Jan 4 2011, 02:23 PM']AAAAAARRRRRGGGHHHH.......i need this bass!!!

This would sit lovely next to my 4,5 and 6 Euro LX's....

Anyone want to buy a Euro 6LX and a Euro 4LX!!??.. :)[/quote]

Happy to consider trades for a Euro :)

Apologies for slow responses from my end - I've been locked out of BC all day!

All my Macs, iPhone and multiple browsers just coming up with 'not allowed access' messages.

Just managed to log in on my old BlackBerry :)

It's possible this bass may be sold - I got a possible straight buyer towards the end of last week but not confirmed yet. I'll update ASAP (assuming I can get back in!).

[quote name='4000' post='1093223' date='Jan 17 2011, 10:28 PM']Molan me old chap, that really is stunning and a fabulous price. Best of luck with the sale![/quote]

Thank you Mr 4000 :)

I've got a buyer on standby but won't know for a few days if it's definitely sold or not.

• 2 weeks later...