Why become a member? ×

Wal 6 String Fretless As New 3'250 !!!

littleal

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='littleal' post='1096251' date='Jan 20 2011, 04:48 AM']Heres a backing track i did for my daughter using this wal,

Direct into the desk, Desk eq set flat,

Bridge pickup solo'd tone filter on 2 & pick attack engaged,[/quote]

Great track. Great Voice. Great bass sound!

I have just about the same bass but lined and only 5-strings (Mark III/Walnut Faced Fretless). I'm going to have to try that setting you used this eve while tracking....I really only use the bridge pickup, but usually run it with the tone full open and pick-attack engaged.

I keep looking at your bass and think about purchasing...but I think I am OK with just 5 strings!

Best of luck. I know whoever purchases will be quite surprised and very happy.

Edited by AndroWal

[quote name='AndroWal' post='1114751' date='Feb 4 2011, 12:04 AM']Great track. Great Voice. Great bass sound!

I have just about the same bass but lined and only 5-strings (Mark III/Walnut Faced Fretless). I'm going to have to try that setting you used this eve while tracking....I really only use the bridge pickup, but usually run it with the tone full open and pick-attack engaged.

I keep looking at your bass and think about purchasing...but I think I am OK with just 5 strings!

Best of luck. I know whoever purchases will be quite surprised and very happy.[/quote]
Thank you for that,
I am very proud of my daughter, I've decided to keep the wal I think I must have been nuts even thinking about selling her,

[quote name='littleal' post='1114842' date='Feb 4 2011, 05:19 AM']Thank you for that,
I am very proud of my daughter, I've decided to keep the wal I think I must have been nuts even thinking about selling her,[/quote]

Very wise decision mate. think you would really have regretted selling that lovely piece of work.
Love the track your daughter sounds really good. :) :) :lol:

[quote name='littleal' post='1114842' date='Feb 3 2011, 09:19 PM']Thank you for that,
I am very proud of my daughter, I've decided to keep the wal I think I must have been nuts even thinking about selling her,[/quote]

Yes! Great decision!

There just isn't any other bass that will provide the Wal sound other than a Wal.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='AndroWal' post='1114865' date='Feb 4 2011, 09:22 AM']Yes! Great decision!

There just isn't any other bass that will provide the Wal sound other than a Wal.[/quote]

there isnt another bass that will give you the smith tone either i think this man nows about basses have a bump

whatever you decide you r going for the top sounds :)

[quote name='KERMITNT' post='1130843' date='Feb 17 2011, 12:15 PM']there isnt another bass that will give you the smith tone either i think this man nows about basses have a bump

whatever you decide you r going for the top sounds :)[/quote]
I agree, both wals & smiths have their own unique sound,

[quote name='littleal' post='1076958' date='Jan 4 2011, 12:20 AM']It's 1000 for a fretted 6 string neck too, I enquired with paul,[/quote] Wouldn't it be a better idea to get a good luthier to put frets on your current neck?
I have it done before...there's nothing wrong about it..and it wont cost you £1000 ....

[quote name='alembic1989' post='1131629' date='Feb 17 2011, 10:20 PM']Wouldn't it be a better idea to get a good luthier to put frets on your current neck?
I have it done before...there's nothing wrong about it..and it wont cost you £1000 ....[/quote]
That maybe the route I have to go down but I have been offered a wal 6 fretted so I'll hold out a little longer & see if this one sells :)

[quote name='Snarf' post='1136791' date='Feb 22 2011, 10:05 AM']Every time I see this thread, a small part of me dies. Damn, that's a fine bass and I REALLY wish I would scrape together that kind of money.[/quote]

I think everyone
must be skint at the moment

Geez Al what ARE you thinking.......get her fretted - think of all that time you spent speccing her, saving for her, researching.......

You can get ebony inlays to replace the existing ones on the side of the fingerboard.

Would look nice with some maple dots actually on the fingerboard along with the frets - a la US Lakland

Still loving the 6-string Thumb by the way :)

[quote name='dmz' post='1137771' date='Feb 22 2011, 09:35 PM']Geez Al what ARE you thinking.......get her fretted - think of all that time you spent speccing her, saving for her, researching.......

You can get ebony inlays to replace the existing ones on the side of the fingerboard.

Would look nice with some maple dots actually on the fingerboard along with the frets - a la US Lakland

Still loving the 6-string Thumb by the way :)[/quote]

Oh dude that thumb is awsome, I'm glad youre still enjoying it, if you do get bored of it I'll gladly have it back :)
I'm giving the wal one more day on here, then It's off for a fret job :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I have the prototype Wal fretted 6 string that I acquired from Pete Stevens around 1995. It's very collectible. As I have a problem with my left wrist, I no longer use it (a great pity!). I would therefore like to sell it. It comes with a hard case. I am looking for 3500GBP.