Why become a member? ×

Wal 6 String Fretless As New 3'250 !!!

littleal

[quote name='littleal' post='1093336' date='Jan 18 2011, 12:04 AM']I need to stick with 6 strings really :)[/quote]

Just wondered what yours weighs Al

My fretted is a tad over 11lbs 5.5k

just a bit of info on mine

I already had both fretted & fretless 5 string wals when I met Pete down at the Music fair in '94, he gave me a photo of a prototype 6 string, which I still have somewhere.
Anyway I got him to make me one, don't know if it's the first custom order or not, I think Rob Burns claims that, but mine is August 94 and became my main instrument for about 4 years until taking a sabbatical. Since then it only comes out about twice a year so it really needs a new curator who will use it.

Edited by Mr Bassman

That's cool, I've seen Rob burns one I think It has a solid ash body?
Some info on my wal:
It has the neck pick up moved back towards the bridge pick up (20mm gap between the two)
Makes for a real punch sound,
Dunlop recest strap locks & the tuners very slightly down slanted, so she is really a one off,

I'm still up for a trade & your fretted would be played as she should be :)

Edited by littleal

[quote name='littleal' post='1093369' date='Jan 18 2011, 12:37 AM']That's cool, I've seen Rob burns one I think It has a solid ash body?
Some info on my wal:
It has the neck pick up moved back towards the bridge pick up (20mm gap between the two)
Makes for a real punch sound,
Dunlop recest strap locks & the tunes very slightly down slanted, so she is really a one off,

I'm still up for a trade & your fretted would be played as she should be :)[/quote]

Might be easier move the fretless 5 on.

Hmmmmmmm!

[quote name='littleal' post='1095249' date='Jan 19 2011, 03:07 PM']Back up for trade, px or sale :)

Still looking for the right smith BT6,[/quote]

Have you asked Wal about fretting your existing neck - I think I might do the same with my 5 string fretless. I don't know how they would compare with the previous posters quote, but I'd personally be happier with Wal carrying out the work (no slur intended on quality of other posters offer - he's just an unknown quantity as far as I'm concerned).

Hello
Can this be your wanted Smith? [url="http://www.zikinf.com/annonces/dispannonce.php?annonce=610203"]http://www.zikinf.com/annonces/dispannonce...?annonce=610203[/url]
for 3100 euro, it's a bargain.
I have a Wal mark I, 1987, with a fretted neck and an extra fretless neck.... Maybe I sell it one of these days....
Cheers