Why become a member? ×

Vintage EST96a vs fleabass junior

macb3th

hey folks, unfortunately i have to give up my Sterling Ray34 as i've never got round to learning bass properly... however i may replace it with a cheaper bass at some point... if i do, in your opinion..what would be a better choice?

Vintage EST96a or fleabass junior? i think they both have 1 pickup, which suits :)

thanks in advance

No idea about the flea bass but Vintage basses are good for the price, I'm looking at the AV4 in white for a back up. [url="http://www.jhs.co.uk/vintageadvance.html#av4"]http://www.jhs.co.uk/vintageadvance.html#av4[/url] but I see you want the EBMM shape. Thumbs up from me!

The Vintage basses are excellent value for money, and darned good basses in their own right anyway. Decent woods, and the Wilkinson hardware & pups require no apologies. I'm seriously considering a V-4 (the P-Bass clone) as a backup for my Fender '70 RI P-Bass. It's that good.

[quote name='bassmeg' post='1074443' date='Jan 1 2011, 03:30 PM']+1 on the GT4. Really good stingray sound. I found the laqured neck the only disappointing thing on that bass really, but very playable. The sound was the best i have found for sub £200.[/quote]

Sandpaper!

You'd like the IGB too i reckon, too expensive for me new but if you see one for around £200 2nd hand then snap it up.

They were £350 - £450 new (for the 68) but the build quality is ace - recessed chunky bridge and a gorgeous carved top. Also had a series/parallel switch and a decent curcuit (with bypass)